Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-14-2017, 01:52 PM

Best $40 I spend every year. I'm hooked.

I do it mostly for the Tour de France. The rest is a bonus to me. I love the NBC Sports Gold package for cycling.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:18 PM

If you have cable, might want to check and see if it will be on the NBC Olympic channel. They aired the entire Vuelta.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:38 AM

Here's the current schedule for the cycling on the NBC Sports Gold streaming, NBC Sports cable channel, and the Olympics Channel cable channel:

http://www.nbcsports.com/cycling-schedule

For upcoming events, it currently shows that UCI World Championships will be on the NBC Sports Gold and the Olympics Channel, and that Paris-Tours will be on NBC Sports Gold, but that's as far as the current schedule shows.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:45 AM

Here's a bit more of the NBC Sports Gold cycling schedule (scroll down the page for cycling events): http://www.nbcsports.com/gold-events-schedule

Greg
Old 09-15-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregL View Post
Here's a bit more of the NBC Sports Gold cycling schedule (scroll down the page for cycling events): http://www.nbcsports.com/gold-events-schedule

Greg
interesting that the CX world cup next Sunday (Sept 24) is not on there. either because of the conflict with road worlds, or because it's hosted by Trek and Trek secured broadcasting rights...? they did an excellent job of live streaming it last year (before it was a world cup race), but I don't recall if it was available after the race or not.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:43 PM

I have it this season. It's been fantastic. All the live road feeds feature Matt Keenan and another Australian cobroadcaster—often Robbie McEwen. Just watched MTB worlds and they also had (different) Australian broadcasters. During TdF you can choose to watch NBC feed (Liggett/Sherwin) if you'd rather.

You CAN start from the beginning, even in the middle of a broadcast. If you watch on the computer, there's a simple slider at the bottom like any video. If you watch through a tv app (I use fire tv), just hold down the rewind button (fire tv doesn't show a slider, so you have to guess how far to go back).
Old 09-16-2017, 03:57 AM

I bought it this year with the Amazon Fire TV and I'm glad I did it.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiasticon View Post
interesting that the CX world cup next Sunday (Sept 24) is not on there. either because of the conflict with road worlds, or because it's hosted by Trek and Trek secured broadcasting rights...? they did an excellent job of live streaming it last year (before it was a world cup race), but I don't recall if it was available after the race or not.
It looks like the two schedule web sites referenced are both incomplete. Here's another schedule, which shows that the World Cup cyclocross races both this weekend (Ames, Iowa) and next week (Waterloo, WI) will be streaming on NBCSports.com:

http://www.nbcsports.com/olympic-sports-schedule

According to TV schedules, these races will also be shown on the (cable only) Olympics Channel.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:54 PM
ZhugeLiang

Cyclocross live now - NBC gold!
Old 09-18-2017, 07:44 AM

I have a subscription to NBC Sports and don't see any on demand streaming for the World Cup CX race from yesterday. Does anyone know where to stream it from?
Old 09-18-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdude View Post
I have a subscription to NBC Sports and don't see any on demand streaming for the World Cup CX race from yesterday. Does anyone know where to stream it from?
exactly. I bought the service and wasn't able to watch live. waited a few hours for the finished race to become available. never did. I had to go to the UCI YouTube feed, like I always do. just use Opera and turn on their VPN option to mask your location. works great.

$30 down the drain.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdude View Post
There are different apps for NBC Sports and NBC Sports Gold. Most cycling content is only on the Gold app. http://www.nbcsports.com/sports-mobile

Greg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nbc sports apps.JPG (61.2 KB, 25 views)
Old 09-18-2017, 09:21 AM

Yes. The Gold is the one with the cycling.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post
Best $40 I spend every year. I'm hooked.

I do it mostly for the Tour de France. The rest is a bonus to me. I love the NBC Sports Gold package for cycling.
$30 right now, no pro-mo code needed!