Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-31-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Funny story. I was riding my Superhawk 996 home to Portland from up in Seattle in December 1999. It was freezing, and doing 100+mph in the middle of the night was leaving me a little extra shivery. I pulled into a gas station in Toledo, WA just off I-5 to fill up and warm my hands. After I gassed up, I took back off on the freeway. And a couple hundred yards up the on-ramp my bike started to sputter and spit flames out the tailpipes. Freaked the heck out of me. I thought the thing was going to explode. But I safely pulled over - called a tow-truck and had a buddy who lived up in Chehalis come pick me up. I was quite embarrassed to find out the next day at the Honda dealer that I'd put diesel in the tank...
I remember when my mom filled the '67 LeSabre with diesel from the tanks on the farm. Must have grabbed the wrong hose somehow. Car wouldn't shut off, I don't know how dad killed it. I don't think there were any problems once the fuel was changed. Great car, same as this one but a year older.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ctd...283332070.html
Old 08-31-2017, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1850 View Post
I remember when my mom filled the '67 LeSabre with diesel from the tanks on the farm. Must have grabbed the wrong hose somehow. Car wouldn't shut off, I don't know how dad killed it. I don't think there were any problems once the fuel was changed. Great car, same as this one but a year older.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ctd...283332070.html
That's what I did - it was a small-town gas station and wasn't marked the way they are now with a different color handle. It was fine after a flush and spark-plug change iirc. I rode it home the rest of the way the next day.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:50 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Robb View Post
I think to keep your VW Warranty in effect you have to show proof that SOMEONE (it can be the owner) did oil/filter changes as recommended in the Owner's Manual. If you have the receipt showing that you bought VW-approved oils and filters for your car you have met the requirement.
Have it done at dealer..'freebie' with extended warranty. Every 10k.