Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
Brake checking at 45mph in a crit? HUGE downhill ?
Over 30 mph at normal speeds. When he attacked we hit 48 mph and he brake checked me hard. This was a Poughkeepsie race in some park.

At Stirling NJ (Freedom Tour crit) I did an off the cuff attack and was clocked at 43 mph by the speed-trailer they used to set up there. It's a very slight downhill to the start finish, maybe 3-4%? The brake checker won the race I was in.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:00 PM

Unfortunately, I know James Doyle. He has a bad temper and a bad rep in the So Cal racing scene. So bad that my team refused to let him on the team 18 months ago. He was part of a package deal with another rider and we had to tell the other rider that he could join, but not James. A good friend of mine who is a big dude and well loved in the scene wanted to kick his butt when Doyle got agro on him in the Hughes Park training ride back in 2015 for no reason. Doyle cut and ran when Rigo went after him.

He picks fights over slights, real and imagined. He yells at people in a pack for no reason. I witnessed this first hand in 2015 at El Dorado Park and on several Food Park rides that year. He was riding for Big Orange back then. Nobody likes him. He's not really any good, though he's been around a very long time. I believe he raced for the L.A. Sheriff's team, back when Malcolm Elliot was around. He has a rep for picking fights he can't win (he's a really small guy), but I didn't think he would do something like this.

I've been out of the scene for 18 months now, so don't know what's going on now. Doyle is bad news, however.

Last edited by Uncle Jam's Army; 06-13-2017 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

Okay we're going to hit the pause button on this thread. There are a few personal attacks that are not allowed per the forum agreement . Thank you to those with direct knowledge .

The weather is turning nice. Go for a ride.