Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-02-2017, 06:18 PM

OT: speaking of shoes

i know of a couple custom shoe makers for cycling and boots, but are there any for 'regular' cleats? like for football, futbol, etc... seems like a far bigger market yet hardly any wide offerings in stock sizes. i can't find a good fit with the big boys so i'm ok with trying the custom route.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:19 PM
Vendor

I've played soccer for 32 years(i'm 43). I only stopped due to my vas. I have a wide foot and have always had an issue with the width. Diadora used to do a wide on the cheaper shoes. So did Adidas and Nike. Umbro had a wide on the mid priced and cheap shoes. But everyone has stopped it. I don't know of anyone doing custom. Well, I don't know of anyone NOW. I used to run a shoe company for cycling. They made me a custom pair of cleats. They used to do crazy shoes for people- Michael Schumacher's driving shoes being one example. They won't do them anymore tho.

Now, a good cobbler could make them wider where they will stay for you. VS just using expanders. They have tricks. Or of course use the Hockey boot trick. Fill up a bathtub with hot water and put the skates on. sit in the bathtub and let the leather soak it up for 15 minutes. Get out and sit there till they dry and they will stay.