Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-15-2017, 01:55 PM

She loves it and uses it nearly every ride! it is a good product, but a bit heavy for go fast riding. perfect for commuting though, the turn signals still blow me away every time
Old 10-15-2017, 08:55 PM

Use it every day for my commute. Highly visible, extremely comfortable and everything still works like new. Great product.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:32 AM
coffee consumer

my friend rides her urban rides in one of these and says it fits great...helmet looks well constructed and the built in lights don't seem to add much weight. I'd probably be interested if I was in the market for a new helmet. The remote control turn signals too far apart for a motorist to differentiate that from being a blinker to being just another marker light. Plus also takes up valuable handlebar space.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:32 AM

I have 3 "smart" helmets

Lumos--a bit heavy, no need for turn signal feature
Torch--dorky, quasi skateboard look--but brightest by far. least ventilated.
Livall---best of all--lightest, least dorky--AND plays music via Bluetooth with tiny speakers--and you can hear ambient noise just fine.
truck drivers and other vehicles see the helmet better than lights on a bike--IM not so humble opinion...

Eventually more functionality will be combined in these helmets- some already have HR monitor helmets, other body function sensors etc.
A visor on the helmet with heads up display of "metrics" is already in the works--I have seem prototypes.
Ah---to keep your bike gadget free!
Just don't lose your fancy helmet.
Or crash--although I did crash with my Livall--still works fine.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworker View Post
I've used mine on around a dozen rides. It fits well and has good adjustments and seems well made. I've used it for commuting and also some group rides. The comments from others have been favorable, and several shop owners have been interested and commented on it. I also get favorable comments from non-riders who like the visibility.

In terms of battery charging and life, the magnetic electronic charger is easy to use. A full charge, which I think takes a few hours, seems to last at least four hours. I've been on a number of rides 3+ hours, and it was still holding a charge. I also let it sit for another hour afterwards and it was still going. I've used it on the standard flashing setting, but I haven't used the accelerometer (should be decelerometer) function, which they say substantially cuts down the battery life. But I have use the signal function; however, the main thing is that I want to be seen, and it does that really well. Well designed product.
What I posted above a number of months ago is still true after putting many miles on the helmet. Durable well-thought-out product. I still recommend it.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:41 PM

The demo version at the shop I work at seems to hang in one mode. It needs a reboot to before you can use the flashing mode and turn signals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10-17-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmojo View Post
Lumos--a bit heavy, no need for turn signal feature
Torch--dorky, quasi skateboard look--but brightest by far. least ventilated.
Livall---best of all--lightest, least dorky--AND plays music via Bluetooth with tiny speakers--and you can hear ambient noise just fine.
truck drivers and other vehicles see the helmet better than lights on a bike--IM not so humble opinion...

Eventually more functionality will be combined in these helmets- some already have HR monitor helmets, other body function sensors etc.
A visor on the helmet with heads up display of "metrics" is already in the works--I have seem prototypes.
Ah---to keep your bike gadget free!
Just don't lose your fancy helmet.
Or crash--although I did crash with my Livall--still works fine.
Which specific Livall model do you have?
Old 10-17-2017, 05:53 PM

reminds me of this:

Old 10-17-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54ny77 View Post
reminds me of this:
"You'll thank me." "You'll thank me..."