Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-13-2017, 06:55 PM
Classics Fan

Will a Pixel 2 XL fit in most jersey pockets?

My 4 year old phone is on its last leg (intermittently disconnects from cell network and is unable to make calls), and I'm looking at one of the new Pixel 2 designs.

My main concern is just whether the form factor is too big for everyday carrying in a pocket, and especially in a jersey pocket. For reference, it is slightly shorter, but wider than the Galaxy s8+.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:36 PM

Yes...I have a pixel XL now and pre-ordered an XL 2...it is a couple of mms wider and a few longer than the original and the original ain't that big
Old 10-13-2017, 08:52 PM
but not really

Love my standard size Pixel. Fits great in jeans, jerseys, etc. While the XL might fit a jersey pocket, I don't think one handed use during a ride or putting in a front jeans pocket would go so well.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:25 AM

Fwiw, the s8 is narrower than the s7. The s7 and original pixel are comparable and no issues in a jersey
Old 10-14-2017, 12:06 PM

Depends on the jersey but it shouldn't be a problem. I've got a Pixel XL and have really enjoyed it.

Steels are Alloys too!
Old 10-14-2017, 06:20 PM
aka RAEKWON

yes it will.

I worked on the pixel 2 presentation and commercials so I have been playing with one for a bit now, it is very nice and will totally fit in a jersey pocket. If I recall its a tiny bit small than the iphone plus which also fits fine in most jersey pockets.

Its a great phone btw. The smaller one is really nice as well and only difference really is the almost edge to edge screen.

side note, I am an iphone user and went from an iphone 6 plus to an iphone 8 and I am really happy to have a smaller phone again. I really enjoyed the bigger phone but after I added a battery case to it (yes I need all the juice aka I hate charging my phone) it was crazy big and heavy, with the 8 and battery case, its great and fits great on jersey pocket and even on a saddle bag if I so wish

Last edited by R3awak3n; 10-14-2017 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:43 AM

Very nice.

I'm actually debating between the iphone 8 and Pixel 2 XL. Had an iphone 6 from work and am using an S6 right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
yes it will.

I worked on the pixel 2 presentation and commercials so I have been playing with one for a bit now, it is very nice and will totally fit in a jersey pocket. If I recall its a tiny bit small than the iphone plus which also fits fine in most jersey pockets.

Its a great phone btw. The smaller one is really nice as well and only difference really is the almost edge to edge screen.

side note, I am an iphone user and went from an iphone 6 plus to an iphone 8 and I am really happy to have a smaller phone again. I really enjoyed the bigger phone but after I added a battery case to it (yes I need all the juice aka I hate charging my phone) it was crazy big and heavy, with the 8 and battery case, its great and fits great on jersey pocket and even on a saddle bag if I so wish
Old 10-25-2017, 07:24 PM
Classics Fan

I just ordered the Pixel 2 (not the XL) because I couldn't stomach the extra 200 bucks, and I've been hearing that the XL screen is having some issues with burn in.

Now I hear the Pixel 2 and 2 XL may have some weird sound that is emitted from the speakers during operation.

I dunno, shipping in a few weeks. So hopefully they sort stuff out before they build mine.