Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-01-2017, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbadge View Post
I'm curious which Ritchey Classic bars you have - there have been at lest 3 different shapes with that name -
-the original (WCS/) Classic - a shallow drop traditional bend
-Classic Curve - the silver finished compact drop
-NeoClassic/the current Classic drop - a circular round bend with flat hood transitions
Thread bump as I have a question about the the current Silver Classic drop bar. Did Ritchey make a running change on this bar shape in the past couple of years? I bought one when it first came out (the black Neo Classic) and had it on my Steve Rex for a little while. There was no way to get it looking like this:

or also on that killer Bonanno Paso Doble in the custom bikes area.

The levers would have to be tilted inwards at a horrible ergonomic angle. I saw this on the post across the hall from a few years back as well.

"tried one, but didn't work for me; there is no way to install the levers high enough so that the tip of the lever is in line with the horizontal part of the drop, the clamp band would sit in the bend inwards and because of that you can't get the lever body in a vertical position. these were shimano 9000 levers, could be different for sram or campa"