Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-28-2024, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmudshark View Post
I don't think they actually sell cannabis products at the dispensary, just swag. You need a medical marijuana license to buy medical grade in MI.

After a quick Google I confirmed my thought that medical weed is the same as rec. Nobody wants medical licenses to sell weed in the state. The only thing a medical card gets you is a slight discount. Now that we have entered the land of forty dollar ounces that’s irrelevant. Lume is the on site dispensary for Pine Knob. Which is interesting as state law says you may not smoke outdoors. I’m not sure past that. But I will tell you the weed today is not the same as the weed we smoked in the 70s…..
Old 02-28-2024, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
Different lineup besides Willie and Bob at Bethel Woods at the old Woodstock site in NY, a venue I highly recommend. Should be a great show.

Back in 04, when I was living in Saratoga Springs, I saw an ad for Willie and Bob in Cooperstown at the baseball stadium in town. (Same stadium some scenes of A League of Their Own were filmed, including the famous "there is no crying in baseball"). Grabbed a few tickets, and saw both for the first time. Didn't expect much from Bob, heard bad things about recent concerts. Willie came on first, was kinda meh, but, you know, Willie. But, jeez, Dylan's band was awesome. Blown away. Of course, that's twenty years ago, but, he has great taste in musicians. Should be fun.
Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan came to Aberdeen MD around the same time to play at the Ironbirds' Ripken Stadium. I was a little nervous about the $35 ticket price and my wife was not keen on seeing either one of them (she said a little of them goes a long way). Still, I wish I had gone...I liked both of them. Talked to a friend recently who went to the show. He liked the concert but said they stood in the rain for the whole concert to watch it.
Old 02-28-2024, 09:10 PM
slower than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by rounder View Post
Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan came to Aberdeen MD around the same time to play at the Ironbirds' Ripken Stadium. I was a little nervous about the $35 ticket price and my wife was not keen on seeing either one of them (she said a little of them goes a long way). Still, I wish I had gone...I liked both of them. Talked to a friend recently who went to the show. He liked the concert but said they stood in the rain for the whole concert to watch it.
Ha. It was drizzling during Willie, and I thought, no way I'm standing all night in the rain for Bob, or anybody. Fortunately, it stopped raining. Bob was awesome.
Old 02-28-2024, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rounder View Post
I saw that tour at Slugger Field. It was all MiLB parks, I think. Pretty cool.
Old 02-29-2024, 08:06 AM
slower than you

For the Dylan fans, this is a nutty movie you probably missed. Awesome cast. Same band performing in it I saw in '04.

https://youtu.be/UuxWxU8qDMw?si=6D3Lklc06AsjFl5N
Old 02-29-2024, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
Ha. It was drizzling during Willie, and I thought, no way I'm standing all night in the rain for Bob, or anybody. Fortunately, it stopped raining. Bob was awesome.
Good thing you were to young for Woodstock -
Old 02-29-2024, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmudshark View Post
Attachment 1698079621

Just picked up a pair of tickets, decent seats. I hope everyone lives long enough to be there (me included).
You lucky dog. That should be a great show at a wonderful venue.

Old 02-29-2024, 10:02 AM

I think I would stand in the rain for Bob. I'm not even a super fan but he is a living legend.

As for the weed stuff, yeah it aint your hippy grandma's weed any more. Here in Virginia it's legal to grow 4 plants on your own. I don't smoke the stuff though after my bad bike accident a few months ago, and since the doctors are very stingy with the opiates these days, a friend gave me some capsules that helped me sleep at night.

But it virtually ended all illegal activity in VA. the people I know who grow it can't even give it all away for free. And it's 20 times as strong as the stuff we used to sneak outside and smoke in High School in the 80's.