Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-26-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHour View Post
Good to know - do you have to order direct for them to do this, or would they do it from a previous purchase from elsewhere?
As long as it came from an Assos dealer and you have the original tag and/or proof of purchase they'll honor it.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHour View Post
Good to know - do you have to order direct for them to do this, or would they do it from a previous purchase from elsewhere?
Certainly is an option, however I'm not "stuck" on Assos, but looking for an Assos type quality with a different "fit" profile, ie either smaller quads in a large or longer straps in a medium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshell View Post
Simplemind:

Are you asking about Q36.5?. Large, (maybe?). They have a lot of compression, which I like.

Everyone's idea about leg length/strap length comfort etc. is subjective. Probably depends a lot on where you carry your weight, too.

You and I are w/in 10 pounds of each other. Stretched out on a 5'11" or 6' frame that's as good as identical --unless one of has track sprinter legs or a superhero upper body on pipe cleaners.

I can wear either Large or Medium in Assos in a riding position. Only difference for me is where the hem lands on quads.
Wasn't looking for a specific brand, just with the above mentioned fit requirements. Do the Q36.5 fit the same across their product line? I'd be looking for a lighter weight (cooler) bib.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:37 PM

I don't know a lot about their line, sorry. Good luck in the search.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:23 PM

Cool thanks. Own a pair of Lg which are very slightly loose on the bottom grippers, but are otherwise very comfy and fit me everywhere else pretty well; I'm likely right on the edge between sizes and could go up or down depending...#chickenlegs
Good to know about altering may try this with a pair Meds in future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltwtsculler91 View Post
As long as it came from an Assos dealer and you have the original tag and/or proof of purchase they'll honor it.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:07 PM

Assos Fi.Mille_s5 bibs are on sale here for $138:
https://www.excelsports.com/main.asp...or=4&minor=16#
Old 04-29-2017, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplemind View Post
Certainly is an option, however I'm not "stuck" on Assos, but looking for an Assos type quality with a different "fit" profile, ie either smaller quads in a large or longer straps in a medium.

Wasn't looking for a specific brand, just with the above mentioned fit requirements. Do the Q36.5 fit the same across their product line? I'd be looking for a lighter weight (cooler) bib.
I find the Q 36.5 range fits differently..along their line of bibs.
For me, I had to upsize from M (in Assos) to Large in Q. I have both the Miles - a traditional bib short - think Equipe S7 or Rapha Classic (yuk) and the Salopette L1 - think Cento S7 or Rapha Pro Team (yuk). The Dottore are a little longer in the leg but cut much like the Salopette L1. Don't knoiw much about the Vented and the Wolf hybrid is like the Assos Tibiru (little heavier and fleece lined) - build off the "Miles" platform.

If you like traditional bibs go Miles, if you like more compression go Salopette L1. You wont be disappointed in either. In any case don't forget to add the pinstripe jersey!
Old 04-29-2017, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsnob View Post
I find the Q 36.5 range fits differently..along their line of bibs.
For me, I had to upsize from M (in Assos) to Large in Q. I have both the Miles - a traditional bib short - think Equipe S7 or Rapha Classic (yuk) and the Salopette L1 - think Cento S7 or Rapha Pro Team (yuk). The Dottore are a little longer in the leg but cut much like the Salopette L1. Don't knoiw much about the Vented and the Wolf hybrid is like the Assos Tibiru (little heavier and fleece lined) - build off the "Miles" platform.

If you like traditional bibs go Miles, if you like more compression go Salopette L1. You wont be disappointed in either. In any case don't forget to add the pinstripe jersey!
Great, thanks for the fit guide! I gather you're not a Rapha fan boy!
Old 04-30-2017, 07:53 AM

Quick vote for Morvelo. Great fit, good quality at its price point.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:10 AM

At risk of making the most paceline post ever, I'd like to note that the copper rivets on my leather saddle left marks on my assos bibs. There are wear marks or bleach marks both um, fore and aft...
Old 04-30-2017, 11:28 AM

How are these holding up? How is the chamois after a few more rides? These shorts size M are even cheaper now, down to $43.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zennmotion View Post
Thought I'd revive this thread since I was looking for advice on good--and not too expensive-- bib shorts. I'd don't normally shill PSAs for closeouts but I took a chance on some Skins bib shorts through BikeWagon on Ebay last week and I'm really happy with them, especially for 65 bucks. They're compression shorts, which I could care less about but they feel great holding everything in place ` and the thin material (though feels durable at typical wear points) will work well in hot weather. Chamois is thin and wide- works for me, felt good on a couple of 3-4 hr rides over the weekend. Caveat- I've never owned top quality bibs- Assos Rapha etc so maybe I don't know from anything, but these are better than anything in my box now (Hincapie, Voler, Capo, Castelli). Pay attention to the size chart, you likely want a size larger than you usually wear.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinarelli View Post
How are these holding up? How is the chamois after a few more rides? These shorts size M are even cheaper now, down to $43.
i just ordered a pair of mediums, worth a try i guess. i can wear almost any bibs for sub 3 hour rides, so i'm optimistic that these will be a good choice for shorter rides. on the cheap.