Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-04-2017, 09:37 AM

There's a time and place to discuss parcel delivery problems but right after a delivery got really screwed up is not the time.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:53 PM
Small ring

So, I’m spending the next few weeks in S.GA, helping my father as he recuperates from surgery, so I had a bike shipped down via FedEX. I shipped on Monday, because I didn’t need it until at least Thursday. His operation was today (Wed).

Damn Fedex got the bike to his place today, a day early, and I was at the hospital all day. I left a note to take it to the neighbor, and taped a $5 bill to it. They took it to the neighbors, and left the $5 bill, dirty bastards.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:31 PM
bourbon!

Was this Charles's bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales guy View Post
Update....

So one of the boxes arrived today. Oddly, they told me BOTH were lost yesterday and now, one pops up.

We write the name, address and phone number on the outside for both me and Enigma UK.

The outside of the box has a big ol Enigma logo on it. There is a label inside and one outside PLUS the customs documents and PFI. SO there are numerous things that would have to get lost for the labels to actually get removed.

I've had things delivered to the local FEdEx office and even had things held at the local depot. They've still lost things or damaged things.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmudshark View Post
So, I’m spending the next few weeks in S.GA, helping my father as he recuperates from surgery, so I had a bike shipped down via FedEX. I shipped on Monday, because I didn’t need it until at least Thursday. His operation was today (Wed).

Damn Fedex got the bike to his place today, a day early, and I was at the hospital all day. I left a note to take it to the neighbor, and taped a $5 bill to it. They took it to the neighbors, and left the $5 bill, dirty bastards.
If I was UPS I would cancel your pension- traitor 🎃

They all have issues.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:27 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
Was this Charles's bike?

No. One was for Matt at Bicycling. The others were for customers. Charles' frame is shipping in a week? I have to check. The one for Tim is ready to. They will probably ship together.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:51 AM
Small ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokyroadie View Post
If I was UPS I would cancel your pension- traitor 🎃

They all have issues.
If I were UPS, I’d give retirees a discount on shipping.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:33 PM

Just chiming in to bash FedEx. I order my car parts from ECS in Ohio and live in STL. Typical free shipping at certain level gets FedEx saver that always works out to be two days since the shipper is so close. This time I need the gaskets as I was planning to do a carbon cleaning this weekend. Normally they would have been here yesterday. As of this morning, the previously missing package is rescheduled for next Tuesday. 8 days to travel 400 miles. I'm tempted to reorder by USPS priority and return the first shipment.