Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM

'93 Colorado CRL

This thread has been picking up in the last few days, so I thought I would contribute. This was my springtime project. Picked up the frameset on the 'bay and had a fun time gathering the parts. 10s mixed group with Chorus levers rebuilt by oldpotatoe (thank you, Peter!), Chorus steel post, and nice Ritchey stem. It rides as good as it looks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2486.jpg (148.5 KB, 242 views)
Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM

Updated the Mxxxxxo with SR-12, Brooks ti railed swift, Enve bar, stem and 4.5s.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM
I <3 STEEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali-Pacha View Post
Cinelli team FTW :

Unica circa 96, NOS frameset, Columbus Brain, size 60. Cinelli stem / seatpost / handlebar, all Campy Athena 11, but old picture, I've swapped the carbon levers for silver ones since then.

Ali
Such a cool frame and build! I love the way Cinelli did their decals in that era.
Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM

Titanium and Décathlon before it was cool :

Long before current honeymoon between 2024's AG2R riders and their Van Rysel RCR, Decathlon used to be the main sponsor of AG2R back in the 2000's

This one, aka Titanium 9.5, was released only for Paris-Roubaix 2004, to provide a smoother ride than their aluminium frame. Same carbon rear triangle, Dedacciai titanium tubing, Time carbon fork (label on the steerer).

Got my hands on the full frameset for 550 €, this size 59 is now full Dura-Ace R9100, except levers (Ultegra R8000) and pedals / calipers (Dura-Ace R9000). And I've broken down the bank with a Hambini BB, completely useless, but you know...

Under 7.5 kg with pedals and bottle cages, and the "right" wheels (DT PR1400 Oxic with Ridenow TPU inner tubes / Michelin PowerCup)

Ali

Last edited by Ali-Pacha; Today at 05:21 AM.
Old Today, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali-Pacha View Post
Titanium and Décathlon before it was cool :

Long before current honeymoon between 2024's AG2R riders and their Van Rysel RCR, Decathlon used to be the main sponsor of AG2R back in the 2000's

This one, aka Titanium 9.5, was released only for Paris-Roubaix 2004, to provide a smoother ride than their aluminium frame. Same carbon rear triangle, Dedacciai titanium tubing, Time carbon fork (label on the steerer).

Got my hands on the full frameset for 550 €, this size 59 is now full Dura-Ace R9100, except levers (Ultegra R8000) and pedals / calipers (Dura-Ace R9000). And I've broken down the bank with a Hambini BB, completely useless, but you know...

Under 7.5 kg with pedals and bottle cages, and the "right" wheels (DT PR1400 Oxic with Ridenow TPU inner tubes / Michelin PowerCup)

Ali
Nice! Do you know which framebuilder actually built it?
Old Today, 06:49 AM

In house Dedacciai afaik, the rear carbon triangle is also from Dedacciai, and the alloy version (with the same rear carbon triangle), main AG2R's bike from back then, was also Dedacciai tubing. And today's Grvl 900 titanium from Décathlon is in house building. But I'll ask

Ali

Last edited by Ali-Pacha; Today at 07:15 AM.
Old Today, 09:29 AM
I <3 STEEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensxpdx View Post
This thread has been picking up in the last few days, so I thought I would contribute. This was my springtime project. Picked up the frameset on the 'bay and had a fun time gathering the parts. 10s mixed group with Chorus levers rebuilt by oldpotatoe (thank you, Peter!), Chorus steel post, and nice Ritchey stem. It rides as good as it looks.
I've returned to this thread to check out this bike four times now since you posted it yesterday! Absolutely lovely.
Old Today, 09:30 AM

[QUOTE=jet sanchez;3379576]My SuperProdigy from 2002 built up with 10 speed Record and Neutron Ultras

This one is nice. Not a lot around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chaba View Post
This one is from a different era, but one that I miss quite a lot……
Yes, I have ‘88 and would probably miss mine too if I were to sell it.
Old Today, 09:31 AM
I <3 STEEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopperny View Post
Updated the Mxxxxxo with SR-12, Brooks ti railed swift, Enve bar, stem and 4.5s.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
Really nice finish/design on this one (every version of this frame I've seen has been cool, but I might like yours the best!).
Old Today, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensxpdx View Post
m8 that is SMASHING IT!!!!! Wow
Old Today, 01:29 PM
Pack fill

So many to choose from.

IMG_2621.jpg