Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-27-2024, 07:56 AM
Go Sox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin75s View Post

My fork blades are narrower than your choices at 25.4 (Like an old Fat City BOI) with a wall thickness of 0.7mm and built for disc. I weigh 145lbs, ride light on my bike and am very happy with the amount of flex for rigid mountain biking.
Yeah it’ll be way bigger that the segmented fork on My Fat Chance.

Quote:
Feels far closer to my Igleheart Steel Segmented BOI fork than it does to my custom production (overbuilt and dead feeling) Vicious steel or a Surly Unicrown mountain fork.
I think my Fat Chance fork was built by Igleheart, funny enough biked by his old place on the North Shore yesterday.

Quote:
You are already down the path, but just like to mention as I am not a fan of the ride quality of (some/many) overbuilt forks and own a number of custom steel and Ti forks because of those early experiences.

Good luck and please follow up and share your Ti ride experience!
I was (am) a little worried about the ride quantity, but I figure 29x2.2-2.6 tyres should help out with that some. I’m gonna post the final specs below on the fork. It’s been slightly delayed due to tube sourcing issues.
Old 04-27-2024, 07:57 AM
Go Sox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv_vt View Post
I am wondering - are there any options out there for a ti, rim brake (midreach brake), gravel tire, 1-1/8" straight steerer fork?
I can get one made for you if you want.
Old 04-27-2024, 08:02 AM
Go Sox!

Here are the fork dimensions, this schematic shows 28.6 legs, however vs the 31.8 legs that will be produced. Internal routing for dynamo and discs, three pack mounts on the side and a hole on the fork crown. So should be able to mount side doohickies and a rack like the Nitto M18.

Hopefully will have one in my hand in the next few weeks, and some for sale mid June.

Last edited by Alexi; 04-27-2024 at 08:05 AM.