Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 04:05 PM

Can't we just wait until the chaps need to sell the groups off their bikes on ebay?
Old 06-21-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikingshearer View Post
Damn straight. Without Indians and Pakistanis, there wouldn't be a decent restaurant on the whole damn island . . . .
Curry , the national dish of the U.K. ( I.have to eat one at least once a week)
Old 06-21-2016, 04:12 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Moon View Post
I really bristle at the use of the term "populism" for what is going on in the US. That term has a history. One that includes the Trade Union Movement, labor parties, a graduated income tax...etc. Not guns, isolationism, bigotry and the sweet baby Jeebus.
There are different flavors of Populism, some that lean to the left, some to the right.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickdoc View Post
Can't we just wait until the chaps need to sell the groups off their bikes on ebay?
I've got three record groupsets to pay for my escape to France
Old 06-21-2016, 05:26 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
I've got three record groupsets to pay for my escape to France
Harkens back to the olden days, when members of the royal family who were out of favor would have gems sewn into their undergarments in preparation for their flight abroad.

Old 06-21-2016, 06:03 PM

Hands off my underpants
Old 06-21-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesteel View Post
You forgot to add the entire state of California.
Well, I'm all for it. Especially since we just became the sixth largest economy in the world, surpassing France for the first time. I expect that if the Brexit takes place it won't be long before we become the fifth largest. ;-)
Old 06-21-2016, 11:23 PM

What about the Parliament lady who was just murdered. I think she was in the labor party. What does that say about Brexit and whether it will happen.

I remember when the Bobbies did not even carry guns...now people are being knifed and shot in the streets...and at the same time.

I know we are not political. But I think the Brexit decision will be big.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:13 AM
'97 Ti Legend

Populism is a term with far more history outside of the United States than within it. Just in the Americas, Peron, Vargas and Chavez come to mind. Trump and Sanders supporters are part of a clearly defined populist movement, whether it is rightist or leftist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Moon View Post
I really bristle at the use of the term "populism" for what is going on in the US. That term has a history. One that includes the Trade Union Movement, labor parties, a graduated income tax...etc. Not guns, isolationism, bigotry and the sweet baby Jeebus.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZRM View Post
Populism is a term with far more history outside of the United States than within it. Just in the Americas, Peron, Vargas and Chavez come to mind. Trump and Sanders supporters are part of a clearly defined populist movement, whether it is rightist or leftist.
Essentially, the American Revolution was a populist movement. The virtuous citizen being mistreated by a small circle of elite. It can take many shapes.

George Washington, Teddy Roosevelt, George Wallace, Tea Party, Donald Trump.... just different flavors.

If you want, come to Victoria bus station early Sunday morning when the migrants get off the bus and wait for the white panel vans to come pick them up. They essentially destroy the street with litter and urinate up and down the curb or on the wall. (Eccelstone Place)

You can ask a typical cabbie waiting for fare, what his opinion is? I think cabbies mostly lean Brexit.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:54 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
And all for free to US taxpayers!

Way to big around the republic, only about 35 square miles, surrounded by reality....
Old 06-22-2016, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Since when UK leaves and the open border gig stops, where and how they gonna go? I predict, like Scottish independence, the person on the street realizes it's probably better to stay in the EU. Even with all its warts.

Wish we could convince Texas and Arizona to leave( with apologies to the more 'moderate' Texans and Arizonaians). Maybe add those south of the Mason-Dixon Line and east of the Mississippi.
Can they take Florida with them?

Tim
Old 06-22-2016, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
There are different flavors of Populism, some that lean to the left, some to the right.
Are you any chance a tailor by profession?
Old 06-22-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rounder View Post
What about the Parliament lady who was just murdered. I think she was in the labor party. What does that say about Brexit and whether it will happen.
Nothing at all, it was no different to a nutjob walking into a school and opening fire. The lowbrow attempts at some media outlets to sensationalize it here in the UK was thankfully quickly quashed, a woman lost her life to the hands of a mentally ill person ,but lee rigby (uk soldier) was also murdered in the street in a similar sickening way , mental health was never called into till after the islamaphobes had had their sensational pound of flesh written up

Last edited by mike mcdermid; 06-22-2016 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:07 PM

I suggest we just send Tater to the Brits. That should teach them.
Closed Thread