Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-23-2016, 07:33 PM

.... ..

Last edited by cadence90; 07-27-2018 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:35 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

That's why I added the "these days" modifier.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:46 PM

.... ..

Old 06-23-2016, 09:52 PM
PezTech

Hard not to choke when Lebron, Ky, Love, JR are taking turns stuffing a sock down your throat...

I dont think that was a choke. I think that's what happens when the Cavs have several fewer games and then Green pokes the bear and wakes James up with a bit of ill advised trash talk and posturing...

The warriors are a class group of guys and it showed after game 7 when several stayed on the floor and waited patiently to shake hands etc. But I think they got full of themselves and the Cavs wound up playing to their potential when they didnt in the first few games.

Golden state need a genuine post presence and a back up. They simply got rag dolled near the basket and at days end, the Cavs started pushing inside and they just beat GSW up.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:27 PM

.... ..

Old 06-24-2016, 01:16 AM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles M View Post
Hard not to choke when Lebron, Ky, Love, JR are taking turns stuffing a sock down your throat...

I dont think that was a choke. I think that's what happens when the Cavs have several fewer games and then Green pokes the bear and wakes James up with a bit of ill advised trash talk and posturing...

The warriors are a class group of guys and it showed after game 7 when several stayed on the floor and waited patiently to shake hands etc. But I think they got full of themselves and the Cavs wound up playing to their potential when they didnt in the first few games.

Golden state need a genuine post presence and a back up. They simply got rag dolled near the basket and at days end, the Cavs started pushing inside and they just beat GSW up.
they were up 3-1 with two of the remaining 3 at home.

all they had to do was keep their foot on the opponents windpipe and they did not. CHOKE.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmtong View Post
I'm a Warriors fan since birth and I will say it: they CHOKED.

They choked a dominating lead - the undefeated Patriots got david tyree'd. You go up 3-1 and have two of three left at home? and lose? CHOKE.

The Warriors didn't lose on a lucky play - nor did they beat themselves. They got beat.

You cannot extract whether the performance was sub-par when it counted because the Cavs held them down, they were off, or whatever. It doesn't matter. Warriors had PLENTY of opportunities to make up for Games 3, 5 and 6 in game 7. And they did not.
I'm not sure you can say on the one hand, "they didn't beat themselves - they got beat" and then say it was because they choked. If they beat themselves or LET it happen to them, that's one thing, but Cleveland just TOOK it from 'em. Which to me isn't a choke - it's a getting beat. Things evened out - Cleveland was missing Love early, GS was missing Bogut late - I don't count Green since that was self-inflicted (THAT part you could call a choke I guess, but he's the only reason game 7 was even close). It was basically an even series right up until the last couple of minutes of game 7 and Cleveland asserted themselves then.Nothing to be ashamed of, but it is more painful when you have one game to win and three tries to do and don't. As OKC is also painfully aware.

Live by the three, die by the three. I'm personally more amazed they won it last year than that they lost it this year. If you shoot threes for a living, you're inevitably gonna hit some serious cold spells - there's just no margin for error. If you play tough physical ball inside and out, getting cold is not inevitable...

-Ray

Last edited by Ray; 06-24-2016 at 06:03 AM.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:07 AM
needs adult supervision

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
OKC may have won the draft, assuming KD stays. Oladipo is a really good player + Ilyasova and Sabonis.
Yeah, this make OKC even tougher. Sabonis could be sneaky good. Great bloodlines, very sound skills/mechanics, not flashy but does all the 'dirty' work inside. Paired with Steven Adams? Good luck getting a rebound.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:09 PM

.... ..

Last edited by cadence90; 07-27-2018 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:51 PM

That's the way the NBA rolls...

Green getting suspended was huge on the momentum front, but what I truly realized was Bogut going down really hurt them. He really hurt them because even though Bogut was a liability on the Offensive end, he was a rim protector. Lebron got to the rim at will after Bogut went down.

GSW is a trade away from a quality big from becoming a viable force in the west for years on end. They need a younger version of Tyson Chandler, who can pass out of the post, get boards and block shots. If they had Deandre Jordan, jesus they would be difficult to beat. They died by the 3 point shot, 3 games in a row. 2nd half 3's just weren't falling. Even down the stretch in game 7, they had 4 straight possessions when the game was tied and couldn't buy one. All they needed was a score, not the 3. Ironically, Kyrie sunk the dagger 3.

This was the first finals I really watched in the social media world at it's height. Also all of the sports outlets, between talk radio, ESPN, NBATV, etc. It drained me. Ever since game 7, I've turned my TV on maybe 3 times. I'm over it. The back and forth NBA talk, simply took something out of me. My really good friend said the exact same thing. Weird to pinpoint what it is that triggered this.

I can't wait for the TDF! Hurry up and get here.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denapista View Post
Green getting suspended was huge on the momentum front, but what I truly realized was Bogut going down really hurt them. He really hurt them because even though Bogut was a liability on the Offensive end, he was a rim protector. Lebron got to the rim at will after Bogut went down.
Agree with what you say about Bogut except the highlighted part. He very much helps their offense. He doesn't get big numbers, but his hands and footwork and passing ability down low are good enough so that, if you ignore him, you will pay because he can finish. That means the defensive bigs are a step or two closer to the basket than they otherwise might be, which opens up space for the drivers and cutters. Then the outside defenders have to step back a step or two to stop the driving and cutting, and then Curry and Thompson have (or can more easily create) the space for their 3-point shots. Everyone really is involved, Bogut included. Ezeli, Speights, Verajao - none of them can do what Bogut does at either end of the floor. Ezeli might - might - learn to, but he isn't there yet
Old 07-01-2016, 12:59 AM

.... ..

Last edited by cadence90; 07-27-2018 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:20 AM

That's what happens in a league where there are really only maybe 20 real difference makers and the cap goes up 20m. As a Sixers fan who wants to see the lakers awful for both the pick, and because they're the lakers...I'd be thrilled if that's true. It would also be confusing if Muzgov is worth that kind of cash, but we can't find much for okafor.

I suspect Barnes is going to to be a $$$ player.