Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-24-2017, 01:05 PM

Are we having fun yet?

It is spring now.. today was my first ride outside in March. (I was in Hawaii for the first 10 days of March, not complaining about that!)

I have been doing OK at using the trainer and lifting weights but one day outside in March when the month is almost over is pretty pathetic. I think I rode about 12 days outside in February! We've had a ton of snow and super cold temps since I got back from vacation, it's been colder than February.

And I rode through a snowstorm today (changing to freezing rain as I rode). It was a pretty terrible ride.

I swear I'd rode 1000 miles outside by April 1st last year.

I swear the last 5 years it seems like March is the worst month of the winter here.

Part of my lack of miles is I didn't sign up for anything dramatic that I need to train for early in the year and I'm trying to avoid destroying my bike again like last winter.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:09 PM

i had to sneak out for 40 minutes today between showers, and i still got rained on! ive been outside as much as possible, but the miles are just miles, not hard miles. takes 40 minutes just to warm my legs up when its this cold and wet. sun please come!