Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Two wheels good

try this

I'm a huge fan of this:
http://www.finishlineusa.com/product...c_wet_lube.htm
So much so that I have given bottles to friends just so they will try it out and say, "Wow, that stuff is great!" and so Finish Line will continue to make it.

I just put a little on a clean chain (it is easy to use too much of this stuff) put a rag on the chain and back pedal a few times. I'll do this every 3-4 rides. The chain stays relatively clean, it wipes off clean and reapplies easily.

What's cool is after you apply it you can run your finger down your chain and literally feel how slick this stuff is. Then when you start to ride you'll also notice that your chain is all but silent on your gears.

Seriously, try it.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zap View Post
Wax suks. Just reno'd part of my basement and found an old can of wax. Tossed the damn thing in the waste.

Wax lasts maybe 100 miles.
I agree. Can't imagine anyone recommending it. Been there done that.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:36 PM

pycho sexual properties, sounds dangerous

Ceramic WET™ is Finish Line’s most advanced and most effective racing lubricant. This wet-style full synthetic lubricant is enhanced with a nano-sized platelets of boron nitride and micron particles of fluoropolymer. As Ceramic WET builds it’s ceramic coating on the frictional surfaces of a drivetrain, cyclists will feel the smoothness and appreciate the added quietness. Ceramic WET ensures maximum drivetrain efficiency. This performance level often provides a physiological (reserved energy) and psychological (confidence) advantage for cyclists during climbs and sprints.

Ceramic WET’s extreme durability, amazing smoothness and ultimate quietness will exceed the expectations of most cyclists! This patented technology is sure to change the way mechanics prepare a bike for a race and it may even change the way racers compete during the race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonracing View Post
I'm a huge fan of this:
http://www.finishlineusa.com/product...c_wet_lube.htm
So much so that I have given bottles to friends just so they will try it out and say, "Wow, that stuff is great!" and so Finish Line will continue to make it.

I just put a little on a clean chain (it is easy to use too much of this stuff) put a rag on the chain and back pedal a few times. I'll do this every 3-4 rides. The chain stays relatively clean, it wipes off clean and reapplies easily.

What's cool is after you apply it you can run your finger down your chain and literally feel how slick this stuff is. Then when you start to ride you'll also notice that your chain is all but silent on your gears.

Seriously, try it.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddief View Post
Ceramic WET’s extreme durability, amazing smoothness and ultimate quietness will exceed the expectations of most cyclists! This patented technology is sure to change the way mechanics prepare a bike for a race and it may even change the way racers compete during the race.
Gotta get me some of that!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:32 AM
In Velo Veritas

Or you could grab some chainlube from across the Hall and support a good cause at the same time.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddief View Post
"Ceramic WET™ is Finish Line’s most advanced and most effective racing lubricant. This wet-style full synthetic lubricant is enhanced with a nano-sized platelets of boron nitride and micron particles of fluoropolymer. As Ceramic WET builds it’s ceramic coating on the frictional surfaces of a drivetrain, cyclists will feel the smoothness and appreciate the added quietness. Ceramic WET ensures maximum drivetrain efficiency. This performance level often provides a physiological (reserved energy) and psychological (confidence) advantage for cyclists during climbs and sprints.

Ceramic WET’s extreme durability, amazing smoothness and ultimate quietness will exceed the expectations of most cyclists! This patented technology is sure to change the way mechanics prepare a bike for a race and it may even change the way racers compete during the race."
yikes..
Old 01-28-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaq View Post
Or you could grab some chainlube from across the Hall and support a good cause at the same time.
I will be applying "Ballers Lube" tomorrow........to a chain.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:18 AM
Riding Along

Since it has not been mentioned yet, I will put in a vote for Chain-L lube. It is everything they advertise it to be.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:34 AM
Kind of OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
Since it has not been mentioned yet, I will put in a vote for Chain-L lube. It is everything they advertise it to be.
Love the way this stuff lasts. Absolutely, positively HATE the way it attracts and holds dirt and then slings it all over everything. Really, there HAS to be a way to have an oil that works well and lasts...and doesn't make your road bike look like you just ran a muddy CX course.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:55 AM

Try Breakfree CLP. Not expensive and it works very well. No need to keep buying those hip brand lubes. Triflow is very good too.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Moon View Post
Love the way this stuff lasts. Absolutely, positively HATE the way it attracts and holds dirt and then slings it all over everything. Really, there HAS to be a way to have an oil that works well and lasts...and doesn't make your road bike look like you just ran a muddy CX course.
LOVE Cahin-L. If you absolutely strip and dry your chain, apply a teeny weeny drop to each link, let it soak in a while, wipe the mother loving bejeezus out of it, I've found it stays clean. Super quiet chain and it lasts forever.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:16 AM
Epic=No Smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfox View Post
If you absolutely strip and dry your chain, apply a teeny weeny drop to each link, let it soak in a while, wipe the mother loving bejeezus out of it, I've found it stays clean.
Admit it, you're just having Justin do this. There's no way you have that kind of time with kids and a job. It takes me two days to find enough time to glue a tubular.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian View Post
Admit it, you're just having Justin do this. There's no way you have that kind of time with kids and a job. It takes me two days to find enough time to glue a tubular.
Ha! I actually like doing this stuff, I just get up REALLY early to ride and do my bike stuff. I find if I try to wedge it in between family/work stuff I just end up frustrated. You know of what I speak, Mr. SuperCommuter!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfox View Post
LOVE Cahin-L. If you absolutely strip and dry your chain, apply a teeny weeny drop to each link, let it soak in a while, wipe the mother loving bejeezus out of it, I've found it stays clean. Super quiet chain and it lasts forever.
Me too love Chain L, at least for road bike. I don't bother to strip factory lube, and perhaps put a few more drops every 600 or 800 miles. Yes it is dirty, but lasts till I change the chain every 2500 miles or so. Never a squeak even with lots of wet rides.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisbenedict View Post
I don't bother to strip factory lube,
Can't beat that.