Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2017, 06:24 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsciencenow View Post
What do you all know about these guys?

https://www.huntbikewheels.com

Yep! I know about these. I bring them into the US. Super nice wheels. Spin smooth and for a long time- Ezo Japanese Bearings. Very clean graphics. Stiff rims. Come stupidly straight. And they come with a couple extra spokes, truing tools, good brake pads and nice quick releases.

I wouldn't bring them in if they weren't good.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:43 AM

Thanks for the feedback!

Old 05-25-2017, 06:54 AM
aka RAEKWON

I needed some wheels quick a few weeks ago. Could have built then but had way too much going on. Decided to get home hunt wheels.

I read a bunch of reviews on them and so far i am really happy with them.
First of all though, they are generic wheels with a few upgrades. Rims are kinlin, hubs are aome sort of novatec with upgraded bearings. Still, the price is very good and they do come stupid straight and what seems nice even tension. Come with everything you need, tubeless tape already installed, tubeless valves, extra spokes and skewers.

Unfortunetely I did not get to ride them yet, the bike I was going to put them on had to be sent back and been super busy but I bet they ride great. They also look pretty nice, no loud graphics, nice and subtle.

Most impressive to me was how fast they got here. I didnt get a confirmation so I emailed them. Customer service said they are sorry but 3 people are on vaction and things a bit behind. Well I am not sure if they expedited it or dwhat but I got my wheels the next day from that email. From receiving the tracking number to getting them was a day. In upstate NY. They so say it takes 2-5 days to the US and thats impressive. Great customer service.

Ih they are also competitively lightweight.

As long as you know what you are getting and you know you are paying a bit more for some marketing they are great wheels. I am totally happy. I think I paid $450 shipped which is a pretty nice deal.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
I needed some wheels quick a few weeks ago. Could have built then but had way too much going on. Decided to get home hunt wheels.

I read a bunch of reviews on them and so far i am really happy with them.

First of all though, they are generic wheels with a few upgrades. Rims are kinlin, hubs are aome sort of novatec with upgraded bearings. Still, the price is very good and they do come stupid straight and what seems nice even tension. Come with everything you need, tubeless tape already installed, tubeless valves, extra spokes and skewers.

Unfortunetely I did not get to ride them yet, the bike I was going to put them on had to be sent back and been super busy but I bet they ride great. They also look pretty nice, no loud graphics, nice and subtle.

Most impressive to me was how fast they got here. I didnt get a confirmation so I emailed them. Customer service said they are sorry but 3 people are on vaction and things a bit behind. Well I am not sure if they expedited it or dwhat but I got my wheels the next day from that email. From receiving the tracking number to getting them was a day. In upstate NY. They so say it takes 2-5 days to the US and thats impressive. Great customer service.

Ih they are also competitively lightweight.

As long as you know what you are getting and you know you are paying a bit more for some marketing they are great wheels. I am totally happy. I think I paid $450 shipped which is a pretty nice deal.

I was also impressed by the weight relative to price.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:10 AM
Vendor

Yes, the alloys are Kinlin. The carbons are not off the shelf fortunately. The hubs are a nicer Novatec model with better bearings.

I know the people who make them in Asia since I dealt with them back in the day at American Classic. Good people and they turn out good work.

I do like that they use nicer better bearings and they come with goodies. The non-harsh/loud graphics are a massive plus.

And yep, stupidly straight!

These were on a NAHBS bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0558.jpg (84.6 KB, 515 views)
Old 05-25-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsciencenow View Post
What do you all know about these guys?

https://www.huntbikewheels.com
I've got a pair of the alloy aero 30s. Can't remember how much they ended up being (~$640ish?). They arrived quickly and customer service was good. My judgement of a good wheelset is that you put them on and barely notice anything. They spin well and have had no issues in ~1,500mi of road and gravel.

I recommend.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:24 PM

I thought someone was saying Hunt was just generic chinese stuff with a logo slapped on?
Old 05-25-2017, 11:54 PM

I have a Mason Resolution frame built up as a Di2 disc road bike that I adore. The first I heard of Hunt was from Mason. Dom sells full bikes with these wheels. I did a bunch of research, spoke to Mason and others, decided I'd have no issues buying a rolling frame. The only thing that changed my mind was stock availability. They do seem like a great value.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:20 AM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macadamia View Post
I thought someone was saying Hunt was just generic chinese stuff with a logo slapped on?
With upgraded things like bearings, ect. Also the finish of the rims is very nice and I think different thatn what kinlin sells off the peg.

They are all had built too. Sure its "chinese" as you say but that doesnt mean its crap.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:54 PM

Quote:
With upgraded things like bearings, ect. Also the finish of the rims is very nice and I think different thatn what kinlin sells off the peg.

They are all had built too. Sure its "chinese" as you say but that doesnt mean its crap.
well, you have yet to even ride yours...
Old 05-26-2017, 05:16 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
well, you have yet to even ride yours...
and you haven't ridden any either so you should maybe be quite.

at least I went through buying the wheels, having them shipped to my house, mount tires on them and have a feel for the quality/trueness.

you, instead came here, left a half assed comment, added nothing to the discussion and now you are trying to start crap with me?
Old 05-26-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:
and you haven't ridden any either so you should maybe be quite.

at least I went through buying the wheels, having them shipped to my house, mount tires on them and have a feel for the quality/trueness.

you, instead came here, left a half assed comment, added nothing to the discussion and now you are trying to start crap with me?
Just seemed weird to read a positive review of a set of wheels that hadn't been ridden
Old 05-26-2017, 07:25 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Just seemed weird to read a positive review of a set of wheels that hadn't been ridden
did I comment on how the wheels ride? I commented on how true they were, how great the shipping was and how good the CS was.

Go troll someone else. Not going to reply to any more posts from you anymore. Have a nice day.
Old 12-18-2018, 03:26 PM

Resurrecting an old post trying to get some updated information about these wheels.