Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-26-2016, 08:51 AM

Would have joined in if not for a commitment in Maine this w/e. Sounds like a perfect route - hope the weather turns out to be as fantastic as last Sunday! (minus the wind) Enjoy. Post pics.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
If the weather holds out, I'm going to try and make it again. My fitness is shot to hell so you guys should have some fun.
Hey, it's almost November, so who cares about fitness?! Worst case scenario, you hide in the group and launch a wicked sprint when you see the NH state line. I'll cheer you on as you going flying past me.

Send me a message on Saturday at some point to confirm your plans. Looking forward to riding with you again!
Old 10-26-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitzmark View Post
Would have joined in if not for a commitment in Maine this w/e. Sounds like a perfect route - hope the weather turns out to be as fantastic as last Sunday! (minus the wind) Enjoy. Post pics.
Nothing wrong with going to Maine for the weekend! Hopefully one of the future rides will work in your schedule. I'll make sure that Ti Designs gets some photos.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:14 PM

Ti Designs and I rode much of the route today, though we'll have to wait to find Lost Lake till Sunday! The cows were sociable, the horses nuzzling, and there were turkeys, a couple different groups of deer...and there was the guy we saw emerging from the woods wearing full camo and carrying quite a number of arrows. You've been warned--does anybody know where to find fluoro orange cycling clothes?

It was chilly today but it's supposed to be much warmer for the Next Tour. Let us know if you think you'll join us.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:34 PM

The weather is looking good--52 at 7am, 59 at noon, partly cloudy skies--so the Next Tour is a go! Send me a quick message if you're coming. That way we'll know to look for you.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:43 AM
Ride 'yer bike.

Just a few images of the fall Next Tour.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FILE0922.jpg (83.0 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg FILE1310.jpg (83.7 KB, 153 views)
Old 10-31-2016, 08:20 AM

Here's a photo from the baked goods and coffee stop. In addition to myself and Ti Designs, the forum was represented by shovelhd and benb, who had vastly different travel times to the ride. shovelhd drove nearly two hours from the Happy Valley in central MA, and benb could pretty much see the ride start from his house, and I'm not exaggerating on either count! Thanks to them and the others for joining us on the Next Tour, since it wouldn't be a group ride without all of you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Next Tour Oct.jpg (62.7 KB, 151 views)
Old 10-31-2016, 06:47 PM

Thanks for another great ride, Ian. Definitely worth the trip.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
Thanks for another great ride, Ian. Definitely worth the trip.
Glad you enjoy our rides. We're certainly happy to have you join us, and the fact you're wiling to drive almost two hours each way is a strong testimonial for what we're trying to offer! Thanks for making the effort.

Now we have to start thinking of a ride for the cold weather...
Old 11-18-2016, 11:25 AM

It's time for a Thanksgiving edition of the Next Tour! Ti Designs and I will be leading a group ride on Saturday, November 26th, leaving at 8:00am from the Bedford Depot (120 South Rd., parking off Loomis St.) I'll estimate our return time as 1:00pm.

This time we will be heading towards the Wayside Inn in Sudbury before making our way around Lake Boon and then meandering throughout the area. For the numbers folks, the route will be somewhat more than 60 miles, but since I don't have a GPS unit beeping at me telling me where to turn, we can shorten or lengthen the route at will, depending on the desires of the assembled group. Our previous rides have averaged about 17 mph, so I'd guess it would be similar this time, unless we're still feeling the effects of Thanksgiving dinner!

We'll pass many farms, a good variety of livestock, Babe Ruth's old house, and much more! Lots of quiet, winding roads for us to explore.

There will be opportunity to purchase fresh cider donuts and possibly a second stop for other baked goods, but bring food with you as well, since the first stop won't be before the two hour mark.

Here's the other thread: http://forums.thepaceline.net/showth...06#post2078106

Send me and/or Ti Designs a pm to let us know if you can come. We're looking forward to riding with some more Paceliners!
Old 11-18-2016, 01:21 PM

I hadn't seen the updates. I had a great time last time, the concept of this ride is great although I didn't realize that was what kept us from blowing up the ride, I figured everyone was just being a gentleman. I'm almost always too lazy to load ride routes into my Garmin even though I always have it in case I get lost. I loaded other people's files into my Garmin only 2X this year, both of those rides were > 100 miles into areas I wasn't familiar with and in both cases the Garmin didn't really function 100% with respect to navigation.

Can't make this one.. on top of being right after Turkey Day it's my son's birthday and we're having a family party. I'm trying to force myself to end my season and start camping out in the weight room as well. Way overdue as November 2015 -> November 2016 is probably the highest mileage consecutive 12 months I've ever had.
Old 11-19-2016, 05:10 AM

This sounds like a lot of fun. Am close enough that I should be able to come to one of these rides, though probably not this weekend.
Btw, I suspected a while ago, but now confirmed with the links to his website, that Tidesigns is the same guy who helped girlfriend and me try tandems at Belmont Wheelworks two summers ago. He spent a considerable amount of time and with us and even brought in his personal Comotion Robusta so that we could try that alongside the steel tandems in stock.
Thanks Ed!
Old 11-20-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
I hadn't seen the updates. I had a great time last time, the concept of this ride is great although I didn't realize that was what kept us from blowing up the ride, I figured everyone was just being a gentleman. I'm almost always too lazy to load ride routes into my Garmin even though I always have it in case I get lost. I loaded other people's files into my Garmin only 2X this year, both of those rides were > 100 miles into areas I wasn't familiar with and in both cases the Garmin didn't really function 100% with respect to navigation.

Can't make this one.. on top of being right after Turkey Day it's my son's birthday and we're having a family party. I'm trying to force myself to end my season and start camping out in the weight room as well. Way overdue as November 2015 -> November 2016 is probably the highest mileage consecutive 12 months I've ever had.
Well, we were all being gentlemen, there just happened to be a unifying purpose underlying it all!

Happy birthday to your son, get a rest, and we'll hope to see you on a future ride!
Old 11-21-2016, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciero View Post
This sounds like a lot of fun. Am close enough that I should be able to come to one of these rides, though probably not this weekend.
Btw, I suspected a while ago, but now confirmed with the links to his website, that Tidesigns is the same guy who helped girlfriend and me try tandems at Belmont Wheelworks two summers ago. He spent a considerable amount of time and with us and even brought in his personal Comotion Robusta so that we could try that alongside the steel tandems in stock.
Thanks Ed!
Yep, that's pretty much what most people experience when they meet Ed/Ti Designs' in person. He's only a jerk on the internet...

We'll look forward to seeing you on a future ride!

And one more thing: in light of Ti Designs' recent thread on bonking, it should be mentioned that we are not anticipating anything of the sort on the ride this coming Saturday. The pace will be civil, and everyone will still like each other by the end.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:29 AM

This looks fantastic, and I live right on the minuteman bike path. My roadie is in pieces now but I'll see if I can fix it up for this Saturday!