Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-21-2014, 10:22 AM
kg

Kudos to Boa

I just had a great experience with Boa, as a company. I've been using their closures on Specialized S-Works shoes for some time now, but the ratchets wore out. I was poking around online for replacements and saw a reference to their warranty. Five minutes on the Boa site without need to provide the elusive original purchase receipt, and they were sending me two full dial and wire replacements. They even sent them to me in Spain, free of charge, absorbing the $6.55 fee for international postage.

I'm quite critical of companies that have bad customer service. They abound. I feel equally strongly about talking up companies that do it right. I'm sure that Boa makes most of its money through intellectual property rights since their product is inexpensive to produce. That certainly makes it easier for them to have the liberal warranty replacement policy they do, but they still didn't have to do it this way. Instead of taking every opportunity to maximize profit, they made me into a very happy customer and I want to recognize them for excellent customer service.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:40 AM

I've had the same experience with Boa. Great company, great product.

I broke the wires on my S-Works shoes. E-mailed Specialized. No response to numerous inquiries. No replacement wires to buy on their site. I assumed I was SOL.

I e-mailed Boa, asking if I could buy some wires, and linked a pic of my shoes. Tyler, a service rep, responded promptly, giving me the part #, linking me to a warranty site where I could order wires and dials for FREE, including shipping. I was floored by the service and would buy any shoes with Boa knowing they support the product so well.

Last edited by Pegoready; 11-21-2014 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:22 AM

Same experience here, free replacements shipped to Canada.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:34 AM

to be honest, that's a big reason why i would consider a wire closure. i've yet to find a shoe that fits both my feet and my budget but it's definitely on my radar. knowing that boa stands behind the closure and i'm not dependent on the shoe maker is definitely a plus.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:36 AM
Imshi Cycles

a friend works there and loves it, they do seem like a very cool company overall so this is great to hear, eager to get my hands on some lake kicks to try em out!
Old 11-21-2014, 03:13 PM

i've had the same outstanding service from Boa this month.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:48 PM

Same story. Just replaced the two ratchets and one wire on my three year old Lake cx330s. Found the warranty site, figured out what model ratchets I needed and hit send. A week later 2 sets of ratchets and wires show up. No muss no fuss. Outstanding warranty service.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:54 PM

interesting, good to hear!

This is interesting indeed. I own a pair of lake winter boots equiped with the boa system. I think they are the MX140s, cant recall. was pulling them out since its colder here in NE and one of the caps of the ratchet is missing.

ill be heading to their site promptly

cheers!

edit their store is closed ( for maintanance i guess )

Last edited by AJosiahK; 11-21-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:03 PM
Cat 6

same great customer experience here as well.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:17 PM

Kudos to Boa

They were at ironman Arizona retrofitting running shoes for free. They have a good product and I'll not hesitate to buy more
Old 11-21-2014, 07:32 PM
but not really

great to know they stand behind the product, but geesh, how many people have ever broken a velcro strap or a ratchet on their giro or sidi shoes? it sounds too much like sram: only like 20% of the product we put out in the field fails, but hey, we'll replace it for free every time!

no thanks, i'll stick with my velcro and buckles
Old 11-21-2014, 07:49 PM

+1 to BOA.....another satisfied experience. The new ratchet has about 200 uses and going strong
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (44.4 KB, 173 views)
Old 11-21-2014, 08:05 PM
'97 Ti Legend

Funny, I've broken two Sidi ratchets, and torn off a Velcro strap getting my foot caught in a pedal. The buckles were a bit expensive to replace, though widely available for purchase, I can't be the only one who broke them (I had my shoe guy stitch the strap back on).

I'm now on Lake road shoes, I have Lake and Sidi MTB shoes, and Lake winter boots with no Boa problems to date. Very comfortable shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old fat man View Post
great to know they stand behind the product, but geesh, how many people have ever broken a velcro strap or a ratchet on their giro or sidi shoes? it sounds too much like sram: only like 20% of the product we put out in the field fails, but hey, we'll replace it for free every time!

Old 11-22-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old fat man View Post

I've had a strap come away on a Carnac.
Old 03-31-2022, 03:46 PM

Resurrecting this ancient thread to add my experience; smashed a Boa dial on one of my MTB shoes, spent a few minutes on their site (in a sunny park on my phone no less) and a few days later had a complete replacement kit for BOTH shoes in my hands.

Well done Boa, I'm impressed and very pleased!