Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-20-2014, 02:12 PM
The B!

I also hate wine. A good red is tasty, but it always gives me a headache. I don't think it's sulfate, I think it's just something to do with the way I absorb it, as I can get the same kind of headache if I drink anything before I eat. But wine always does it to me, before, during, or after a meal.

Whatever the case.. I already have this policy, except it's ice cream. If I can't ride, I will eat ice cream instead. They're basically the same, right?
Old 11-20-2014, 06:13 PM
Ride 'yer bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B View Post
Whatever the case.. I already have this policy, except it's ice cream. If I can't ride, I will eat ice cream instead. They're basically the same, right?
Ride, go to the gym, drink wine, eat ice cream - throw in a few pounds of bacon and you've got a training plan!
Old 11-20-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti Designs View Post
Ride, go to the gym, drink wine, eat ice cream - throw in a few pounds of bacon and you've got a training plan!
The key is getting the muscles to fire in the right sequence as one goes from wine to ice cream to bacon and back to wine again...
Old 11-20-2014, 07:45 PM
il Curmudgeoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tihsepa View Post
I think it's my unsophisticated taste. All I taste is vinegar. I have a good friend who likes in San Francisco he is a huge wine lover. I have tried wines that are considered tops, they might as well be Boones farm. Sorry.
Never fear, you're not alone. I can drink white wine (German) but when it comes to reds I feel pretty much the same way.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes2ridefar View Post
I used to have a rule that if the beer was below 7% it's not worth drinking but have since had to drop that rule due to the many excellent session ales being released.

I'd love to read why beer is more fattening? Since most every beer has a different calorie/carb/sugar amount that's a pretty sweeping judgement. Some stouts have less than 100 calories per bottle and less than 10 carbs while others have more than most people care to know about.

Is a port more fattening than a nice pinot noir?
Wine has a quarter of the amount of carbs than that of light beer and straight booze (I don't drink mixed drinks except on a rare occasion) has 0 carbs while both typically have less calories (by half ) than light beer.

Also this is from personal experience and it have more to do with my physiology and reaction to the malted beverages than just carbs and calories.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Vitus View Post
Wine has a quarter of the amount of carbs than that of light beer and straight booze (I don't drink mixed drinks except on a rare occasion) has 0 carbs while both typically have less calories (by half ) than light beer.

Also this is from personal experience and it have more to do with my physiology and reaction to the malted beverages than just carbs and calories.
Finally I can justifty drinking a few bottles of chateau y'quem every night instead of my lonely Imperial IPA.