Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #136  
Old 09-14-2017, 02:26 PM
torquer's Avatar
torquer torquer is offline
Glory bound
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Drinking at the Last Chance Saloon
Posts: 1,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by froze View Post
... like Detroit! Just to name one of many cities ruined after years of democrat mayors.
From another, but related thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermo View Post
This listing came out today, if relevant to this conversation:
https://www.glassdoor.com/List/Best-...LST_KQ0,20.htm
Of those 27 cities in the Glassdoor list (two sets of twins), only two Republican and one Independent mayor.
Might as well say that Detroit was ruined by mayors who were men, or guys in suits.
  #137  
Old 09-14-2017, 02:39 PM
gasman's Avatar
gasman gasman is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: eugene,oregon
Posts: 4,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by froze View Post
It would seem to me with that low unemployment that Denver has they would just stay out of the process and let a more needy city get it the jobs, like Detroit! Just to name one of many cities ruined after years of democrat mayors.
Please lets leave politics out of this discussion.
__________________
Life is short-enjoy every day.
  #138  
Old 09-14-2017, 09:09 PM
r_mutt's Avatar
r_mutt r_mutt is offline
Cat 6
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 紐育
Posts: 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elefantino View Post
Years ago?



I ate spinach once years ago and got sick.


False equivalence


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  #139  
Old 09-14-2017, 10:03 PM
froze froze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Please lets leave politics out of this discussion.
The discussion was about cities that need a large 50,000 employement base, Denver was discussed as not needing one, Detroit was discussed as needing one, how is that politics? Other than I mentioned Democrat mayors, which is what Detroit has had many years of, not politics, history.
  #140  
Old 09-14-2017, 10:58 PM
Vientomas's Avatar
Vientomas Vientomas is offline
Bring a towel
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by froze View Post
The discussion was about cities that need a large 50,000 employement base, Denver was discussed as not needing one, Detroit was discussed as needing one, how is that politics? Other than I mentioned Democrat mayors, which is what Detroit has had many years of, not politics, history.
What was the point of stating the political affiliation of the mayors of Detroit, if not to bring politics into the discussion?

Leans in listening attentively for your reply.
__________________
Walkin' on sunshine.
  #141  
Old 09-15-2017, 05:06 AM
froze froze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vientomas View Post
What was the point of stating the political affiliation of the mayors of Detroit, if not to bring politics into the discussion?

Leans in listening attentively for your reply.
maybe you should read attentively, it was historical not politics, the only reason why it now has turned political is because of you wanting it that way by attacking what I said, which only means one thing, your a democrat, had I said republican you would have never responded with all this political mumbo jumbo. Now see, now you done it, you made me go political by responding to you over this.
  #142  
Old 09-15-2017, 05:24 AM
Vientomas's Avatar
Vientomas Vientomas is offline
Bring a towel
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by froze View Post
maybe you should read attentively, it was historical not politics, the only reason why it now has turned political is because of you wanting it that way by attacking what I said, which only means one thing, your a democrat, had I said republican you would have never responded with all this political mumbo jumbo. Now see, now you done it, you made me go political by responding to you over this.
I attacked you? Wow, that's an interesting take on my question. Then you claim I "made you go political"? I had no idea I wielded that much power. I'm the one responding with "political mumbo jumbo"? Hmmmm..yeah, right. Thanks for the morning laugh! Congratulations, you made my ignore list.
__________________
Walkin' on sunshine.
  #143  
Old 09-15-2017, 06:02 AM
Gsinill's Avatar
Gsinill Gsinill is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Northwest suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 1,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by froze View Post
maybe you should read attentively, it was historical not politics, the only reason why it now has turned political is because of you wanting it that way by attacking what I said, which only means one thing, your a democrat, had I said republican you would have never responded with all this political mumbo jumbo. Now see, now you done it, you made me go political by responding to you over this.
With all due respect, it was gasman (a moderator) who called you out for bringing politics into this thread.
  #144  
Old 09-15-2017, 06:35 AM
shovelhd's Avatar
shovelhd shovelhd is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Western MA
Posts: 6,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsinill View Post
With all due respect, it was gasman (a moderator) who called you out for bringing politics into this thread.
And he was very polite in asking. Please pay attention to the forum rules.
  #145  
Old 09-15-2017, 07:43 AM
oldpotatoe's Avatar
oldpotatoe oldpotatoe is offline
Proud Grandpa
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Republic of Boulder, USA
Posts: 29,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by froze View Post
The discussion was about cities that need a large 50,000 employement base, Denver was discussed as not needing one, Detroit was discussed as needing one, how is that politics? Other than I mentioned Democrat mayors, which is what Detroit has had many years of, not politics, history.
Denver's mayor is a Democrat, has been since 1963....
__________________
Chisholm's Custom Wheels
Qui Si Parla Campagnolo
  #146  
Old 09-15-2017, 07:55 AM
William's Avatar
William William is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 25,190
No matter how it started, politics is a one of the stated in the forum rules. Please do not push it any further.





William
__________________
Custom Frame Builders List
Support our vendors!
  #147  
Old 09-15-2017, 11:29 AM
froze froze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsinill View Post
With all due respect, it was gasman (a moderator) who called you out for bringing politics into this thread.
With all due respect to the mod, I don't care who he is! I don't tip toe around "important" people, they put their pants on the same way as I do. What I said I stand by, it was a simply a historical intent and no political intention. If it will make him happy by saying I was bringing politics into it then so be it, then you make him happy with your comments, but I won't make him happy by changing what I said, or lying by admitting I was being political because it wasn't political. How many more times do I have to say this? It was historical, although now it has become hysterical!!

That's the problem with this world, we get into wars over political misunderstandings or misinterpretations that were never intended to be political but they evolved that way.
  #148  
Old 09-15-2017, 12:20 PM
peanutgallery peanutgallery is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,404
With all due respect

is usually followed by a statement filled with none. Didn't you pay attention to Ricky Bobby? Ease up a little there, Cowboy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af-Id_fuXFA


Quote:
Originally Posted by froze View Post
With all due respect to the mod, I don't care who he is! I don't tip toe around "important" people, they put their pants on the same way as I do. What I said I stand by, it was a simply a historical intent and no political intention. If it will make him happy by saying I was bringing politics into it then so be it, then you make him happy with your comments, but I won't make him happy by changing what I said, or lying by admitting I was being political because it wasn't political. How many more times do I have to say this? It was historical, although now it has become hysterical!!

That's the problem with this world, we get into wars over political misunderstandings or misinterpretations that were never intended to be political but they evolved that way.
  #149  
Old 09-15-2017, 04:04 PM
gasman's Avatar
gasman gasman is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: eugene,oregon
Posts: 4,581
The mods have decided that this thread is closed as it has drifted from it's original question and purpose and brought politics into the discussion even if the person who did so doesn't recognize it.
__________________
Life is short-enjoy every day.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.