Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 02:26 PM
Glory bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by froze View Post
... like Detroit! Just to name one of many cities ruined after years of democrat mayors.
From another, but related thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermo View Post
This listing came out today, if relevant to this conversation:
https://www.glassdoor.com/List/Best-...LST_KQ0,20.htm
Of those 27 cities in the Glassdoor list (two sets of twins), only two Republican and one Independent mayor.
Might as well say that Detroit was ruined by mayors who were men, or guys in suits.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
It would seem to me with that low unemployment that Denver has they would just stay out of the process and let a more needy city get it the jobs, like Detroit! Just to name one of many cities ruined after years of democrat mayors.
Please lets leave politics out of this discussion.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:09 PM
Cat 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elefantino View Post
Years ago?

I ate spinach once years ago and got sick.

False equivalence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2017, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Please lets leave politics out of this discussion.
The discussion was about cities that need a large 50,000 employement base, Denver was discussed as not needing one, Detroit was discussed as needing one, how is that politics? Other than I mentioned Democrat mayors, which is what Detroit has had many years of, not politics, history.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:58 PM
Member?

Quote:
The discussion was about cities that need a large 50,000 employement base, Denver was discussed as not needing one, Detroit was discussed as needing one, how is that politics? Other than I mentioned Democrat mayors, which is what Detroit has had many years of, not politics, history.
What was the point of stating the political affiliation of the mayors of Detroit, if not to bring politics into the discussion?

Leans in listening attentively for your reply.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vientomas View Post
What was the point of stating the political affiliation of the mayors of Detroit, if not to bring politics into the discussion?

Leans in listening attentively for your reply.
maybe you should read attentively, it was historical not politics, the only reason why it now has turned political is because of you wanting it that way by attacking what I said, which only means one thing, your a democrat, had I said republican you would have never responded with all this political mumbo jumbo. Now see, now you done it, you made me go political by responding to you over this.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:24 AM
Member?

Quote:
maybe you should read attentively, it was historical not politics, the only reason why it now has turned political is because of you wanting it that way by attacking what I said, which only means one thing, your a democrat, had I said republican you would have never responded with all this political mumbo jumbo. Now see, now you done it, you made me go political by responding to you over this.
I attacked you? Wow, that's an interesting take on my question. Then you claim I "made you go political"? I had no idea I wielded that much power. I'm the one responding with "political mumbo jumbo"? Hmmmm..yeah, right. Thanks for the morning laugh! Congratulations, you made my ignore list.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:02 AM

Quote:
With all due respect, it was gasman (a moderator) who called you out for bringing politics into this thread.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsinill View Post
With all due respect, it was gasman (a moderator) who called you out for bringing politics into this thread.
And he was very polite in asking. Please pay attention to the forum rules.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:43 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Denver's mayor is a Democrat, has been since 1963....
Old 09-15-2017, 07:55 AM
Administrator

No matter how it started, politics is a one of the stated in the forum rules. Please do not push it any further.

William
Old 09-15-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsinill View Post
With all due respect to the mod, I don't care who he is! I don't tip toe around "important" people, they put their pants on the same way as I do. What I said I stand by, it was a simply a historical intent and no political intention. If it will make him happy by saying I was bringing politics into it then so be it, then you make him happy with your comments, but I won't make him happy by changing what I said, or lying by admitting I was being political because it wasn't political. How many more times do I have to say this? It was historical, although now it has become hysterical!!

That's the problem with this world, we get into wars over political misunderstandings or misinterpretations that were never intended to be political but they evolved that way.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:20 PM

With all due respect

is usually followed by a statement filled with none. Didn't you pay attention to Ricky Bobby? Ease up a little there, Cowboy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af-Id_fuXFA

Quote:
With all due respect to the mod, I don't care who he is! I don't tip toe around "important" people, they put their pants on the same way as I do. What I said I stand by, it was a simply a historical intent and no political intention. If it will make him happy by saying I was bringing politics into it then so be it, then you make him happy with your comments, but I won't make him happy by changing what I said, or lying by admitting I was being political because it wasn't political. How many more times do I have to say this? It was historical, although now it has become hysterical!!

That's the problem with this world, we get into wars over political misunderstandings or misinterpretations that were never intended to be political but they evolved that way.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

The mods have decided that this thread is closed as it has drifted from it's original question and purpose and brought politics into the discussion even if the person who did so doesn't recognize it.