Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-22-2017, 05:46 PM

Campagnolo house of awesome

I keep nearly everything. It's a disease. One bonus though is that I will occasionally come across something that I remember from the past and get to relive it again.

One example is issue 24 of peloton. It is before I was a subscriber, and I just picked it up on a trip to have something to read.

In it is a story by Augustus farmer about a trip he took to campagnolo headquarters as a journalist. They treated him kindly. So kindly, in fact, that he was allowed to take photographs, which is usually strictly prohibited.

In his interview with sr. Valentino campagnolo, he was treated to viewing and handling one of their prized possessions....prototype quick release skewer no.1 hand fashioned by Tullio himself.

I can't do the story justice, as it goes on about the pride and history of the company with a great interview of the current owner. I probably shouldn't even show the pics which are poor cell phone pics from my tattered rag of an old issue.

I find myself continually thinking about this article and this skewer, which sits locked in a box in Italy. How silly is that?

Anyway, I found the article the other day and just had to share. It really is a thing of beauty.

Thank you mr Farmer for a great little peak into this company and family.