Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-26-2017, 11:21 PM
ferro verum est

It definitely has the feel of a Colnago type of paint scheme. Love seeing these. Oversized steel is beautiful
Old 03-27-2017, 12:05 AM
ZhugeLiang

Sales pal, can you change your title to sumthin' like:

"Ladies and Gentleman, may I present to U..."E N I G M A...Bicycle Works!"
Old 03-27-2017, 06:45 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
Sales pal, can you change your title to sumthin' like:

"Ladies and Gentleman, may I present to U..."E N I G M A...Bicycle Works!"
But if I change it to that, it won't be original and all since you did it already! lol
Old 03-27-2017, 07:15 AM
Vendor

Another one of our NAHBS bikes- the Enigma Ecroix ST gravel bike

This is a Columbus Spirit front end and Life stays frame made in the UK. It uses Paragon disc dropouts. It is available with thru-axles on front and rear. But since this would be used for demos and different wheels in it all the time, I opted or standard axles.

It has rear rack and fender mounts and front fender option. Two water bottle mounts, front derailleur braze-on mount and something I do cause I think it's cleaner, I put a cable guide under the bottom bracket for the brake housing. I think it looks cleaner, avoids paint wear and just a thoughtful touch.

This bike originally had a Shimano Ultegra Hydro kit on it. I switched it out when SRAM said they wanted a bike in our booth. I was like, Sure thing! So they sent over a SRAM Rival 1x kit. I was really surprised. It shifted incredibly well and the brakes, WOW! Super surprised by those! I was never a fan of Avid disc brakes, at least not their hydros. These are really really good. Not hard to bleed. Great feel. And the new Centerline Rotors, dead straight! Which was always an issue.

I added the K-Edge CX Chain Guide. It doesn't need it but I like the extra security. A funny thing happened when I sent a picture to K-Edge of this bike. One of the guys showed up first thing Friday at NAHBS and said, Can I borrow an allen key. I was like yeah. They installed a super cool Union Jack lasered Garmin mount to the bike!!! So it's not in the pictures as these were before the show.

The prototype Thomson Gravel bar is on this as well as the White Industries headset. Topped it off with a Thomson X2 Stem, Masterpiece Post, WTB Volt Saddle and really nice WTB Exposure Tires-700 x 34c. The wheels are Reynolds ATR Carbons.

The paint scheme is our Union Jack design. It is all paint, NO decals! When this frame was being made for Interbike, Jim the founder was worried that Americans would be upset by the Union Jack on the bike. I was like, umm...hell no! We buy more Mini's, Aston Martins, Jaguars, Range Rovers and the like than anyone else! We're fine. Oddly enough, the only people who were offended(2 people), were two Australian guys! And they wanted an Aussie flag up front. So people from other countries said they wanted their own flag on it. We decided we are going to figure out the masking and offer other country flags soon.

This paint job is how the American Jack frame initially started. They wanted to do a UK meets USA theme and Dave came up with the American Jack based on that idea. He then flipped it to the Evel Knievel idea and made it his own.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0323.jpg (63.2 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0326.jpg (45.3 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0337.jpg (62.8 KB, 210 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0340.jpg (42.2 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0350.jpg (61.8 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0353.jpg (55.2 KB, 210 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0354.jpg (74.8 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0357.jpg (97.2 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0372.jpg (76.6 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0373.jpg (43.6 KB, 213 views)
Old 03-27-2017, 10:35 AM
Vendor

this just came over for a US customer

https://www.facebook.com/enigmabikes...9683304055113/

The finishes these guys do are so incredibly nice. They're clean and simple with just enough pop to them.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales guy View Post
I'm not really here to push frames or anything. So you won't be seeing that.
Well, that's a relief.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:02 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdj View Post
Well, that's a relief.
I am posting things cause others asked me too. I will not be answering posts with things like 'buy our stuff'. Keith asked me to introduce ourselves and others wanted to see pictures.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:31 AM

Been looking at your website for several years now. Always impressed. Have you sold may bikes to customers in the Americas?

Welcome.

Andy in Houston
Old 03-27-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I am posting things cause others asked me too. I will not be answering posts with things like 'buy our stuff'. Keith asked me to introduce ourselves and others wanted to see pictures.
That's clear, and the paint jobs are wonderful. I'm glad you posted so many pictures and took the time to explain the work that went into them. Having the Ecroix available in different flags is a great idea. In addition to OZ and Kiwi versions, I bet a Scottish version would be warmly received and sell well north of Hadrian's Wall.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:27 PM
なんでやねん

Quote:
Glad you did because I really enjoy seeing these. Fantastic work.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:16 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinco View Post
Been looking at your website for several years now. Always impressed. Have you sold may bikes to customers in the Americas?

Welcome.

Andy in Houston

Thanks Andy. Until last September, there were only 2 Enigmas in North America. One was built as payment to a photographer who did work for someone(not us). The other was bought buy a doctor who was in Britain on holiday.

After Interbike till now, we are at 25 in customer hands in America. None in Canada or Mexico yet. I have 7 customs on order right now and 3 more I am finalizing for people. Just finishing up things like paint design. Just had one delivered on Friday for someone in NY. It's a cute little 50cm womens frame. It's so small I have to cut the box down a ton for it to not float around in it. Did the final QC today, took a bunch of pictures and it's heading out in the morning.

So people are definitely noticing Enigma more. We've opened up a couple dealers which is nice.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:20 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiretrax View Post
That's clear, and the paint jobs are wonderful. I'm glad you posted so many pictures and took the time to explain the work that went into them. Having the Ecroix available in different flags is a great idea. In addition to OZ and Kiwi versions, I bet a Scottish version would be warmly received and sell well north of Hadrian's Wall.

Thanks and I'm happy to post about them. Let me know if there are any questions.

We are finalizing the flags given it's all paint we have to work out the masking details. But the flag design is available on any frame, not just the Ecroix. The one I posted, it was supposed to be raced in Cross Vegas last year. And the rider hurt himself and couldn't race. But the idea was to have a British themed bike for the race and pictures. But we've done the Union Jack on many frames. It's very popular on the Ecroix and Elite.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:21 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceolwulf View Post
Glad you did because I really enjoy seeing these. Fantastic work.

Thanks. Like I've said, the guys do an amazing job.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:28 PM

Cannot speak much to the Enigma line, other than I've only seen positive comments by those that own, and/or have ridden them. Can see why.

I have had personal dealings with Michael and would do so again without hesitation. Top-notch service and good dude to-boot.

Always been a sucker for the Gulf colors. That one is the bomb.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:18 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghall View Post
Cannot speak much to the Enigma line, other than I've only seen positive comments by those that own, and/or have ridden them. Can see why.

I have had personal dealings with Michael and would do so again without hesitation. Top-notch service and good dude to-boot.

Always been a sucker for the Gulf colors. That one is the bomb.

Thanks a ton sir. Appreciate it. Hopefully the Gothic arrived safely? These are the reason I needed more space in my office. I have more coming in all time and didn't have room.

Yeah, I dig the Gulf colors too. We are getting some socks made in that color scheme. They'll look super nice when finished.