Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-26-2017, 11:36 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
I like those colors.... blue candy over silver??? Awesome!

It is a special blue we mixed up in-house. It has a special silver base coat that is metallic. If you get up close to it it actually has some purplish color to both the base and top coat. It's a really nice color and stands out for sure. Especially when you put it over the Campy components.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales guy View Post
or a Gulf Racing inspired paint scheme,.
Welcome sales guy - and thanks for stepping up and buying an ad here, we do appreciate it.

as to the above, its a tough call, but the blue/orange gulf scheme may very well be my very favorite color combo for bicycles. may we see, if you have pictures, Enigma's take on that??

What's your first name also, if we may ask - or is SG an easier handle?

-Nick
Old 03-26-2017, 11:37 AM

I saw these bikes at NAHBS and they are beautiful.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 03-26-2017, 11:40 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
Welcome sales guy - and thanks for stepping up and buying an ad here, we do appreciate it.

as to the above, its a tough call, but the blue/orange gulf scheme may very well be my very favorite color combo for bicycles. may we see, if you have pictures, Enigma's take on that??

What's your first name also, if we may ask - or is SG an easier handle?

-Nick

Nick,

I was happy to donate to the site. I had before but not to the ad space level.

I will post some of the Gulf Racing colorway in a bit. It's really nice and drew lots of attention at Interbike and NAHBS. Which led to it being put in the RBA Euro Edition this month.

First name, Michael. Either one is fine. The whole Sales Guy thing came from Facebook. I didn't want to have an account for that and have all my personal info on there but needed an account for work and just came up with the Sales Guy tag for the heck of it. Either name is fine.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:45 AM

Beautiful colors man... congrats to the graphic designer and the painter, dude really knows what he is doing. I dont paint too often so it will take like 500 years for me to get his skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales guy View Post
It is a special blue we mixed up in-house. It has a special silver base coat that is metallic. If you get up close to it it actually has some purplish color to both the base and top coat. It's a really nice color and stands out for sure. Especially when you put it over the Campy components.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:50 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
Beautiful colors man... congrats to the graphic designer and the painter, dude really knows what he is doing. I dont paint too often so it will take like 500 years for me to get his skills.

Thanks. All the props go to Greg and Dave at Enigma HQ. And the amazing thing is they are self taught! Including doing the gold leaf on the one frame. They do an amazing job. Everything we do is paint, no decals. SO tons of time in masking and prepping the frames. In the end it's so worth it though.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome new sponsor. It is always nice to see a valued contributor become a sponsor.

Now someone step up and buy some bikes from Enigma and post the pictures for us!

Last edited by Bradford; 03-26-2017 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:59 PM
Vendor

I have had a couple PM's and I figured instead of answering them individually, I'd do it in a post.

-All of our steel and stainless steel frames are made in the UK.
-Most of our titanium and ALL of our custom geometry titanium frames are made in the UK.
-If you would like a UK made ti frame, and it is something that is normally made in Asia, we can absolutely do that and have many times.
-All of the frames are finished in the UK, be it paint or titanium finishes.
-All of the add ons like braze-ons and water bottle mounts are done in the UK.
-All of the frames when they come into the US, they go thru a QC here making sure of the correct geometry, any add ons and finish.
-They all get faced and chased to make sure there are no issues during the build. Seat tubes get honed, all screws get either grease or ti prep for installation so nothing happens.
-All steel frames get sprayed and treated with Frame Saver before they leave.
-All of them get packed incredibly well to make sure there are no issues during shipping. I attached a picture of how they ship.
-If it's a complete bike, we go thru everything build wise and everything gets treated accordingly.

So these aren't just coming over to the US and getting shipped out. Everything is treated very carefully, just as if it were my own frame. We do our customs thru BikeCad and everything gets signed off before production begins. For frame finishes, we do mock-ups of them for final approval before those get put in. So everything is just like a custom you'd buy from someone here in the states.

Last edited by sales guy; 05-15-2017 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:02 PM

Those are some great looking bikes. Love your business model.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:34 PM
Vendor

@AngryScientist

Here are a bunch of pictures of the Elite HSS with the Gulf Racing paint scheme. This is the bike that was featured and reviewed in the Road Bike Action 'Euro Edition', May 2017. I'll post the review in a bit.

Let me know what you think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0725.jpg (105.1 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0744.jpg (68.7 KB, 272 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0754.jpg (66.2 KB, 270 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0757.jpg (86.0 KB, 275 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0758.jpg (46.3 KB, 272 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0763.jpg (54.8 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0767.jpg (100.2 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0723.jpg (54.8 KB, 272 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0735.jpg (82.6 KB, 271 views)
Old 03-26-2017, 01:50 PM

Bikes are beautiful!! Just read the review on this bike this morning. RBA had lots of good things to say about it. Absolutely love the paint! Good luck to you, looks like you are doing things right!!
Old 03-26-2017, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome and thanks for supporting the forum in a significant way 👍

Love the bikes, the color schemes and builds. Gulf livery colors always have a soft spot in my heart

Sigh-yet another builder I'd love to have a bike from. Well done.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:33 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Bikes are beautiful!! Just read the review on this bike this morning. RBA had lots of good things to say about it. Absolutely love the paint! Good luck to you, looks like you are doing things right!!

Thanks. The bikes are super nice. And the review was really positive. Originally, I thought we were going to have a half page mention like some of the other bikes. I had no idea we'd be on the cover and three pages inside!!! I hadn't seen anything till Zap stopped by the booth at NAHBS and gave me a copy. We have other bikes in the works for Bicycling, PEZ and a couple others.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:39 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Welcome and thanks for supporting the forum in a significant way 👍

Love the bikes, the color schemes and builds. Gulf livery colors always have a soft spot in my heart

Sigh-yet another builder I'd love to have a bike from. Well done.

Like I said, I had donated before but not in the ad space way. And I didn't want to say anything until I had. So I kept saying 'us' all the time.

The bikes for the show turned out really nice. Only 2 of them were built for the show specifically. All the others were at Interbike in one way or another. The Gulf Racing one was at Interbike with a Dura Ace 9000 kit and different wheels(Reynolds RZR) and cockpit(carbon vs alloy). But it's the same frameset, that's why RBA wanted it, the color scheme. I switched up the kit to make it affordable.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:08 PM

Congratulations on a great showing at NAHBS. I've been an admirer of Engima for many years and have wanted to get one shipped here when I was looking for a bike. I'm glad to find out it's now possible, but the stable is full and till is empty (with two in college for the next four years). Hopefully, I'll be ready to get a full custom job soon. Love the interpretation of the Gulf livery, too.