Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-25-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpediemracing View Post
A long time ago I mentioned that my avatar's shoulders ought to be about midsection, to reflect my physique (or lack thereof).

I do think there ought to be a less idealistic avatar shape.

But the thing I want most is a quick rear check button. Push to look back, let go to return to whatever view you were in. I requested this officially when I first started with Zwift, not quite 2 years ago.

I keep my view set so I'm looking from about "6 yards" behind my avatar. This gives me a better sense of someone passing, especially when used in conjunction with the distance indicators for approaching riders on the bottom of the display. The only problem I had with this was when doing a group ride where everyone was in the same kit. When in a group, I'd lose track of which avatar was mine.

A little drift: if you haven't tried ZwiftMap and ZwiftPreferences, they both are very good utilities. Zwiftmap displays the course map on the screen, and let's you know where you are and where any friend you ar econnected to are. Zwiftpreferences let you choose the course on which you will be riding without respect to the calendar. https://zwifthacks.com.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:51 PM

I think you'd be better off with the new PC and old TV, assuming the graphics card is a 1050ti or better.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne77 View Post

- Sounds like I need an Ant+ stick either way so I can get my ant+ HR, speed, and cadance signals into Zwift. if I have a single Ant+ stick plugged into the pc (or Ant+ dongle on my iphone) will it take all three signals? ..the power data will be coming from my Smart Trainer via Bluetooth.
If you use a PC, one ANT+ stick will pick up the signal from your HRM and Snap. You will probably need a USB extension cable to get the ANT+ stick down close to the trainer.

If you use the iPhone, you could keep using Bluetooth for the Snap, and get a Bluetooth HR strap. If you want to use ANT+ with the iPhone, you will need a Wahoo 30 pin ANT+ dngle and a 30 pin to Lightning adapter. And...I'm not sure if Zwift will control the trainer resistance. That may have been added recently. It did not work in January. Also...keep in mind that if you are using the ANT+ dongle, you won't be able to keep the iPhone charged, and the battery won't last very long.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:19 AM

Thanks - extremely helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramnnim View Post
If you use a PC, one ANT+ stick will pick up the signal from your HRM and Snap. You will probably need a USB extension cable to get the ANT+ stick down close to the trainer.

If you use the iPhone, you could keep using Bluetooth for the Snap, and get a Bluetooth HR strap. If you want to use ANT+ with the iPhone, you will need a Wahoo 30 pin ANT+ dngle and a 30 pin to Lightning adapter. And...I'm not sure if Zwift will control the trainer resistance. That may have been added recently. It did not work in January. Also...keep in mind that if you are using the ANT+ dongle, you won't be able to keep the iPhone charged, and the battery won't last very long.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:04 AM
ergottWheels

The 4iii heart rate monitor strap will bridge all your ANT+ to bluetooth so you don't need any dongle with iOS.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/07/...th-bridge.html
Old 06-29-2017, 08:05 PM

This looks like a helpful introduction to Zwift: https://cyclingtips.com/2017/06/beginners-guide-zwift/.