Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-24-2017, 07:54 PM

I have owned...

three Moots, and still own two of them. Moots does not sell direct (as recently as 18 months ago). If there is no dealer in your area, they will suggest a dealer they have a relationship with and the bike can be shipped directly to you, but purchased through the shop.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:28 PM

Fwiw, I sold a custom 2010 RSL with seatpost, RSL stem, Chris King headset, King ti cages, Moots ti spacers and new Enve fork for over $3K. It just so happened that the standard RSL geometry didn't work for the buyer, but the custom geo of my frame did (the geo was very similar to that on the standard Vamoots). On that basis, the seller's price seems pretty reasonable.

I had the same thought as Matthew that the story sounds more than a bit off. It seems as if you have already decided to pass, but I thought the above info would be helpful for others who are in the market for an RSL.

As has been discussed on here many times, unless you're talking 26" mtbs, Moots frames hold their value better than pretty much any builder out there.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycampyer View Post
Fwiw, I sold a custom 2010 RSL with seatpost, RSL stem, Chris King headset, King ti cages, Moots ti spacers and new Enve fork for over $3K. It just so happened that the standard RSL geometry didn't work for the buyer, but the custom geo of my frame did (the geo was very similar to that on the standard Vamoots). On that basis, the seller's price seems pretty reasonable.

I had the same thought as Matthew that the story sounds more than a bit off. It seems as if you have already decided to pass, but I thought the above info would be helpful for others who are in the market for an RSL.

As has been discussed on here many times, unless you're talking 26" mtbs, Moots frames hold their value better than pretty much any builder out there.
Very true!
Old 04-24-2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycampyer View Post
unless you're talking 26" mtbs, Moots frames hold their value better than pretty much any builder out there.
And.....if anyone is in the market for a 26" mtb, these are FABULOUS buys!!!
Old 04-24-2017, 10:04 PM

Thanks for everyone's help and info. The seller has backed out all of the sudden since I've asked specific questions on the build as well as measurements. Seems like it's too good to be true honestly. Mike DeSalvo makes incredible Ti bikes and feel comfortable going that route instead of online without seeing it in person. Just be careful of the Moots RSL in Bellingham, WA..the guy charged the story on me multiple times and didn't even know when he purchased it or the story behind it but he ended up with a custom frame..one that he said was brand new in 2014. I am so glad I called Moots directly and inquired about the serial number!
Old 04-24-2017, 10:36 PM

Ha!! I have just that MTB! A Moots Rigormootis 26er. Glad I am happy with it as I would likely have a hard time getting much for it. Luckily its like new and has been upgraded to discs and a 1x drivetrain. Its definitely good enough for the off road riding I do.