Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-23-2017, 02:08 AM

Two things:

You gotta give him persistence. Very few people whose names are on bikes have stayed around as long as he has.

And, he's doing something, instead of being a spokesho for Icy Hot or Capital One on television. There is no more shameful, pathetic end to a career than that.

Alright, a third: in my own life, personally, and in countless others, Ben Serotta has been responsible for generating an incalculable amount of joy. He and people working with him have let loose an amount of sheer fun and love-of-life that rivals the most highly regarded musical or literary artists, or anybody else you could name. All those riders grinning, on all those fine bikes, for how many hours, how many miles, if you totaled it all up? That's a COLOSSAL amount of happiness! That is a significant achievement, by any human scale. I'll probably never get a chance to shake his hand, look him in the eye, and tell him what a gift his work has given me, but I hope from time to time he reflects on that and feels a little proud.

Whatever his next steps are.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachagua View Post
Two things:

You gotta give him persistence. Very few people whose names are on bikes have stayed around as long as he has.

And, he's doing something, instead of being a spokesho for Icy Hot or Capital One on television. There is no more shameful, pathetic end to a career than that.

Alright, a third: in my own life, personally, and in countless others, Ben Serotta has been responsible for generating an incalculable amount of joy. He and people working with him have let loose an amount of sheer fun and love-of-life that rivals the most highly regarded musical or literary artists, or anybody else you could name. All those riders grinning, on all those fine bikes, for how many hours, how many miles, if you totaled it all up? That's a COLOSSAL amount of happiness! That is a significant achievement, by any human scale. I'll probably never get a chance to shake his hand, look him in the eye, and tell him what a gift his work has given me, but I hope from time to time he reflects on that and feels a little proud.

Whatever his next steps are.

Hey thanks for the laugh... A bit off topic but I keep wondering why the heck Tom Selleck has to endorse reverse mortgages on tv commercials. I don't think his acting career has ended quite yet and talk about insulting. I bet that guy has suitcase$ let along coffee can$ out in his backyard!