Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-27-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout2015 View Post
OtterBox Commuter series is on the smaller side for a protective-type case
There's also a slightly smaller version now, the Symmetry series. I find it much nicer than the older commuter series (had one for iphone4). It slides easily in and out of your pockets, and has great corner protection. Also adds a bit more grip to the sides of the phone. I can't stand the iphone6 body, its way too slippery.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:59 AM

I use the quad lock as well with an out front type mount that clamps on the bar. Works great.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:02 AM

Defender

I've watched my kid's iphone get dropped, dropped on, fall off, hit the floor, the pavement, a giant rock, but the otterbox defender has kept the phone cherry. I go commando & my phone is fine, too. Ziplock bag for cycling & stuff.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:15 AM

I've been running my 6 with a Lifeproof Nuud and it's pretty sleek for the amount of protection you get. I also have Zagg glass on the screen so the screen is protected but still has a good glass feel. Totally sweat/water proof and you don't need to put it in anything when you ride.

Get it on amazon for way cheaper than retail.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:05 AM

Simple black belkin. It is super thin, but still offers some decent protection. I used a custom made leather sleeve with my 5, but it was a little inconvenient to pullout of your pocket then pull the phone out if the sleeve.

Awful close to a new iPhone this October. Sure you don't want to wait?
Old 08-27-2016, 11:25 AM

I like this system.

http://www.quadlockcase.com/
Old 08-27-2016, 11:55 AM

Another vote for the Quadlock! The case works well for pocket carry, and the bike mount is great. I have bikes with a variety of stem diameters and types, so I bought extra o-rings in various sizes at the hardware store. I just move the mount from bike to bike. I choose the o-rings that work best for the stem on the bike I'm going to ride, and I carry an extra set in my tool bag.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:00 PM
Veni Veloce Vomiti

I didn't read all the replies, but here's what works for me.

UAG Urban Armor Gear case and a glass screen protector. The setup is NOT completely waterPROOF, but if you happen to drop it, you won't be sorry you paid $40. It's engineered to a MIL Spec. I also use a small ziploc baggie for waterproofness. I rarely have to actually use my phone on my rides. The case doesn't get in the way of carrying it in a jeans or shorts pocket when off the bike.

MIke in AR

https://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Feathe.../dp/B00LCAVWBI
Old 08-27-2016, 05:44 PM

Mophie H2Pro.

Waterproof, drop proof, dirt / dust proof... Plus integrated battery extender for all day rides + GPS.

It's the perfect jersey pocket case - like Otter or Lifeproof, plus 2x battery capacity.

I leave it on in season, go back to au naturel for winter...
Old 08-27-2016, 07:15 PM

For everyday I've used Piel Frama flip cases since iP4. Very slim and actually a decent amount of drop protection - license and credit card slots and that's all I carry 99% of the time.

For cycling I used a vacu-seal food saver to make a super slim and snug slip "bag". Little extra length to fold over and viola.... sweat "proof". When I know it's going to be extra soggy I found a lifeproof nud on sale at BestBuy online for $17. How could I pass that up? Should have ordered a few more. Works great - about as minimal as can get and still have H2O protection. Wouldn't swim with it but for a jersey pocket or skiing, etc ... perfect.
Old 08-27-2016, 08:30 PM

Incipio Dual

Been using this case for years on my iPhone 6. Slim and very protective.

Good luck!
Old 08-27-2016, 10:07 PM

Wow so many good options! Well looks like I can't really go wrong.

Just need to figure out the right slimness to protection ratio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2016, 06:39 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villgaxx View Post
I've watched my kid's iphone get dropped, dropped on, fall off, hit the floor, the pavement, a giant rock, but the otterbox defender has kept the phone cherry. I go commando & my phone is fine, too. Ziplock bag for cycling & stuff.
Ha!..Funny...
Old 08-28-2016, 06:41 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitzmark View Post
For everyday I've used Piel Frama flip cases since iP4. Very slim and actually a decent amount of drop protection - license and credit card slots and that's all I carry 99% of the time.

For cycling I used a vacu-seal food saver to make a super slim and snug slip "bag". Little extra length to fold over and viola.... sweat "proof". When I know it's going to be extra soggy I found a lifeproof nud on sale at BestBuy online for $17. How could I pass that up? Should have ordered a few more. Works great - about as minimal as can get and still have H2O protection. Wouldn't swim with it but for a jersey pocket or skiing, etc ... perfect.
But does the touch screen work with phone in the bag?
Old 08-28-2016, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by regularguy412 View Post
I didn't read all the replies, but here's what works for me.

UAG Urban Armor Gear case and a glass screen protector. The setup is NOT completely waterPROOF, but if you happen to drop it, you won't be sorry you paid $40. It's engineered to a MIL Spec. I also use a small ziploc baggie for waterproofness. I rarely have to actually use my phone on my rides. The case doesn't get in the way of carrying it in a jeans or shorts pocket when off the bike.

MIke in AR

https://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Feathe.../dp/B00LCAVWBI
Cool looking, however, after reviewing several Mil-specs at work, I would be Leary it is an actual Mil-spec - the cost is so prohibitive it would make that case like $700- Plus, not water proof for the Marines!