Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-19-2014, 07:55 PM

Anyone have experience with Commonwealth Cycles?

From what little I can discern from their website, it's the same crew that was welding Gaulzetti frames before the K Bedford move. They're now making stuff under their own label, but I have no idea what kind of stuff, who is doing the design work, whether it's any good, price points, etc.

Anyone see one in the flesh or have any insights?
Old 10-20-2014, 10:11 AM

a friend of mine

A buddy owns a pair, recently acquired two CX disc rigs. He seems to love them. They rode nicely on my parking lot test ride, and he races them up in the NE cx series. Welds quality looks nice, and was able to customize. He built one up raw and one painted. They look great. I know he hangs around the shop quite a bit too, has nothing but good things to say about them. I believe he went into it knowing what he wanted, took geo from some big box cx frame and changed a a few things, ended up with two frames he likes alot.

+1 for common wealth, or in my friends experience +2
Old 10-20-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJosiahK View Post
A buddy owns a pair, recently acquired two CX disc rigs. He seems to love them. They rode nicely on my parking lot test ride, and he races them up in the NE cx series. Welds quality looks nice, and was able to customize. He built one up raw and one painted. They look great. I know he hangs around the shop quite a bit too, has nothing but good things to say about them. I believe he went into it knowing what he wanted, took geo from some big box cx frame and changed a a few things, ended up with two frames he likes alot.

+1 for common wealth, or in my friends experience +2
Any sense what price point he hit?
Old 10-20-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastforaSlowGuy View Post
Any sense what price point he hit?
I'm also curious about this, but I imagine that the fastest way to figure this out is to give them a call. Given the shop's metalworking pedigree they likely do a lot of shaping, allow choice of 6061 vs. 7005, and provide other options that can affect price.