Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-22-2017, 01:13 PM

eBay - Request total from seller

I'm looking to buy two sets of chainrings from a seller on eBay. I've confirmed with him that he will indeed do combined and discounted shipping rates for two sets.
When I go and add two 53 and two 39 chainrings to my cart, the system duplicates the shipping charge - one shipping charge per pair.
I confirm with the seller that I just have to hit the "Request total from seller" button in the cart screen and he'll provide an updated invoice.

When I hit the button, I get an error message:
The seller does not offer combined shipping discounts.
The seller has disallowed combined payments and shipping discounts. Please proceed to checkout

I tell the seller about this and he says there's nothing wrong on his side as people ask him daily for combined shipping.

Anyone know how I can get the request to him?
Old 06-22-2017, 01:23 PM

EBay

Contact EBay Customer Service

If the seller is amenable they should be able to make it work

Ray
Old 06-22-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley View Post
Contact EBay Customer Service

If the seller is amenable they should be able to make it work

Ray
Agreed. Their customer service is pretty good and can usually help you make things work out.

CaptStash....
Old 06-22-2017, 05:23 PM

I might be wrong.. but I think you can purchase the items, but before paying have the seller send you an invoice and they can amend the shipping amount in the invoice. Right?
Old 06-22-2017, 05:33 PM

If you can't get it to work on the original screen, have him send you an invoice and pay for that.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:03 PM

Two service reps were perplexed as to why the seller's settings do allow combined shipping but I wasn't able to make the request.

I don't see anything in the checkout. I'll try the invoice request and see if he responds.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:03 PM

eBay doesn't hire the best programmers. They have more than their share of glitches on individual profiles. There's always something that someone can do within user options to complicate what programmers intended. I'm not surprised by this. Just use the invoice route.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:14 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloo View Post
I'm looking to buy two sets of chainrings from a seller on eBay. I've confirmed with him that he will indeed do combined and discounted shipping rates for two sets.
When I go and add two 53 and two 39 chainrings to my cart, the system duplicates the shipping charge - one shipping charge per pair.
I confirm with the seller that I just have to hit the "Request total from seller" button in the cart screen and he'll provide an updated invoice.

When I hit the button, I get an error message:
The seller does not offer combined shipping discounts.
The seller has disallowed combined payments and shipping discounts. Please proceed to checkout

I tell the seller about this and he says there's nothing wrong on his side as people ask him daily for combined shipping.

Anyone know how I can get the request to him?
Have him send you an invoice.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Have him send you an invoice.
Funny--I tried this recently with a buyer, but despite sending an invoice with the freight adjusted (he bought 2 items)--the payment still came through with the wrong freight.
(of course I have no idea as to what he did on his end, so there's that....)

I know that as a seller they now have some deelio that lets me set a policy as to how much to discount the freight on multiple purchases==but I would still rather deal on a one-off basis--and see what the pack size and weight is with the multiple items.

All I did at that point is refund part of his payment through Paypal (also bad programming there--the button says 'Issue a Refund'--and only after you click does it say that you can do a 'partial' up to a full refund).

Last edited by paredown; 06-23-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:21 PM

The seller can refund the extra shipping costs if the eBay interface is not cooperating. Just get that confirmed with the seller through eBay messaging.
Old 06-24-2017, 11:56 AM

Seller ended up setting up a special listing just for me. That's above and beyond what I was expecting.

It's this listing for Athena 11 rings. I know I can get the TAs for a fraction but I'm all about the matchy matchy.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-CAMPAGNOL...19.m1438.l2649