Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-15-2017, 05:44 PM

another +1 here for ornot. I bought their plum house jersey awhile back and liked the overall fit so much i decided to spring for another and a wind jacket. sleeves are definitely longer on me as i had to size up.

btw- there's a discount code for 1st time buyers if i recall.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:36 PM

I do like the Ornot Kit but I feel like the quality is not on par with the price.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:39 PM

It used to be re-labeled Voler. I have found the fit to be terrible for the price. Very short/wide and the sleeves/bibs are fairly short. Like many new wave kit companies they sponsor/give out free stuff a lot so you will find a lot of positive reviews based on the hype people get from free kit.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWalker View Post
It used to be re-labeled Voler. I have found the fit to be terrible for the price. Very short/wide and the sleeves/bibs are fairly short. Like many new wave kit companies they sponsor/give out free stuff a lot so you will find a lot of positive reviews based on the hype people get from free kit.
wow, i did not know that they are re-labeled Voler. Their jersey definitely does not have the best stitching
Old 06-17-2017, 04:48 PM

One letter & 3 digits ...
Q36.5

Nuff said ... Worth every .01
Old 06-17-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiantrick View Post
wow, i did not know that they are re-labeled Voler. Their jersey definitely does not have the best stitching

Hmmm...didn't like the Voler stuff I got...hopefully this works out better.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTuck View Post
For made in the USA, I actually find the prices pretty reasonable. That said, I have not idea if the quality is there. But if they are decent, 165 for US made bibs sounds pretty good actually.
Were you aware that the US applies close to 40 % duty on most imported cycling jerseys? This is not only on the stuff coming in from China but also the jerseys from Italy and other European countries.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:16 PM
Two wheels good

Anyone else think that the designs from some of these brands have gotten a little too "Fancy-Boy"? They are starting to look like the over-the-top pastel casual wear that people wear to polo matches. Hell, we look prissy enough with our shaved legs and 10% body fat.

https://www.ornotbike.com/collection...t-house-jersey
Old 06-20-2017, 05:29 PM

Cycling has become hyper narcissistic thanks to millennials. Now more than ever it's about how "rad" your socks are and your carefully cultivated color palette. Why bother riding if ya can't Instagram it?
Old 06-20-2017, 05:36 PM

^can't really blame a generation. imo, it's people who used to be chubby and body insecure (and can now wear bold body conscious stuffs for the first time), peeps who were shoe collectors, cats who have already bought 30 stems, guys whose first kit was Rapha (everyone wears raphas how can I be unique now?), gay guys, design school grads and "hypebeasts." all good, mostly.

oh, forgot the under 40 dudes who think mapei and la vie claire are GOAT.

oh, forgot Peter Saville-loving, record-collecting music snobs. they like stripes and flowers.

Last edited by beeatnik; 06-20-2017 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:17 PM

I totally will in this case even though I know you're right just because of how sick I am of sock doping and kit doping posts and tags. I know that some people that never had their own way to be cool or stylish hoped aboard despite being older, but the bespoke brand thing really started by IG heavy youngsters. That's not to say that all new, nice looking kits are from this, but ones from brands that really do no more than test samples and slap graphics onto a template or re-label stuff are the big culprits. There was definitely a time somewhere around 2014 when people realized they could put designs without sponsors onto custom kits and re-sell them at a profit and that's mainly what I am referring to.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:01 PM
Two wheels good

I'm glad to see that at least a few of you kind of agree with me. I figured I might get flamed for pointing this out. And hey, I even learned a useful new term, "Sock doping".
Old 06-20-2017, 11:11 PM

Anyone here tried "OrNot" kit yet?

Would you rather be a rolling billboard, a la NASCAR?

Of course if you're on IG, clicking on #kitdoping, you're going to see cyclists being very intentional, you're in a bubble. On the road, you mostly see people wearing anything but, and some kits that should be retired.

Agreed at that price, I'd like to see better fabrics, features, and fit, but I like how there are many choices for kit designs in the market.

Last edited by many_styles; 06-20-2017 at 11:34 PM.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWalker View Post
I totally will in this case even though I know you're right just because of how sick I am of sock doping and kit doping posts and tags. I know that some people that never had their own way to be cool or stylish hoped aboard despite being older, but the bespoke brand thing really started by IG heavy youngsters. That's not to say that all new, nice looking kits are from this, but ones from brands that really do no more than test samples and slap graphics onto a template or re-label stuff are the big culprits. There was definitely a time somewhere around 2014 when people realized they could put designs without sponsors onto custom kits and re-sell them at a profit and that's mainly what I am referring to.
It is pretty easy not to consume that stuff (both the clothing itself and the media surrounding it) if you don't want to. And I'm not usually one to cite the glory of the free market, but if these "companies" are staying in business it means they're onto something, for now anyway. I'd say overall the trend in cycling clothing (and athletic clothing generally) away from day glo brand billboards to something that might make more people feel good about how they look is a good thing.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonracing View Post
Anyone else think that the designs from some of these brands have gotten a little too "Fancy-Boy"? They are starting to look like the over-the-top pastel casual wear that people wear to polo matches. Hell, we look prissy enough with our shaved legs and 10% body fat.

https://www.ornotbike.com/collection...t-house-jersey
The thing I don't get about this idea is: what's the alternative? Pro team replica kits? Fluoro yellow Italian jerseys with an outline of muscles most cyclists don't have on them? All black everything?

I don't like that particular jersey, it's ugly, but generally speaking I don't see how you can look back on cycling apparel ten years ago and conclude that this isn't an improvement.