Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-22-2017, 07:31 PM

2017 New York Bicycle Film Festival

http://www.bicyclefilmfestival.com/

I hope to be there Sunday to catch as many programs as I can. In particular I'd like to see:

48 HAIRPIN BENDS BY NIGHT
Italy 2017 53min.
Dir. Fabrizio Lussu
Giuliano Calore, born in Padova (north-east Italy), is a living legend of cycling found in the Guinness Book of World Records. Now at 77 years old, he has decided to achieve one last record: exploit the twists and turns of the legendary Monte Stelvio Pass at an altitude of 2758m with all of its 48 hairpin turns, on a bike with no handlebars or brakes, at night illuminated only by a torch and moonlight. A no-hands descent into fears, ambitions, passions, and dreams.

BATTLE MOUNTAIN: GRAEME OBREE’S STORY
UK 2015 100min.
Dir. David Street
Addicted to breaking records, former world champion, Graeme Obree puts his mind and body on the line one last time. 20 years after his last world record, he is in the desert of Battle Mountain, Nevada looking for purpose and salvation on a speed machine he built in his Scottish kitchen. Renowned for building his own record-breaking bikes in the 1990′s, Obree believes his revolutionary new design will get him over the line in the International Human Powered World championships.

THE FROZEN ROAD
Canada 2016 28min.
Dir. Ben Page
In early 2016, Ben Page cycled through Canada’s frozen north to the Arctic Sea. As his latitude grew ever greater and the mercury fell below -30C, he discovered what it truly means to travel alone.

LENGTH OF SWEDEN
Germany 2017 34min.
Dir. Kristian Walter & Martin Gilluck
Long distance cycling may not be as spectacular as cyclocross or glamorous as road racing but taking on the world’s longest organized long-distance bicycle ride of more than 2100km along the endless monotonously green spine of sparsely populated Sweden within less than seven days requires an intense physical endeavor.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:15 PM

I certainly hope they have taken a more professional approach than what they have done in the past.

It was nothing but a frat party for the hipster "film" makers the last time I attended, replete with marijuana smoking within the theater during the showing.