Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Production Bikes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 08-26-2017, 08:54 PM
hollowgram5 hollowgram5 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 815
It sure does look good all cleaned up! I'm glad you kept it as well.

I've been thinking about selling a couple, and I know I'm gonna take a bath on at least one of them when I sell it.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-26-2017, 09:58 PM
Clean39T Clean39T is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowgram5 View Post
It sure does look good all cleaned up! I'm glad you kept it as well.



I've been thinking about selling a couple, and I know I'm gonna take a bath on at least one of them when I sell it.

The quality of ride for dollars invested ratio on this one is off the charts.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-26-2017, 10:11 PM
hollowgram5 hollowgram5 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 815
That's the way it should be! Glad you've gotten your sizing dilemma sorted out, bummer for me I wasn't able to pick up that other Merlin.. just wasn't the right timing for me, but it would have been a perfect fit!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-26-2017, 11:49 PM
Clean39T Clean39T is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowgram5 View Post
That's the way it should be! Glad you've gotten your sizing dilemma sorted out, bummer for me I wasn't able to pick up that other Merlin.. just wasn't the right timing for me, but it would have been a perfect fit!

Sorry bout that. I should have held it for you for a while..

It's crazy that a 57.5TT is feeling right. I never would have picked that out without riding my way into it. The reach isn't that far off of where I was on other frames, it's just a COG thing and overall fore/aft weight balance thing with having a lower stack and tighter wheelbase. Fun stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-27-2017, 10:06 AM
primov8's Avatar
primov8 primov8 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
I love the polished finish. Great looking build.
__________________
Storck Scenero G3 Stealth
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-27-2017, 08:46 PM
Clean39T Clean39T is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,129
Got out for another ripper of a ride on this today. She feels super efficient climbing (yesterday was mostly flat), but I'll sheepishly admit I'm no longer used to a 39x25 low gear...forsaking my name and all that...gimme some lower gears! Still, I feel pretty balanced putting the power down on this one and set a new 5-sec max today, with a couple 1-min segment PRs...one of which had me hopping my back tire on a roller sprint...new experience there and something I'll have to work with on the shorter chainstays, shorter wheelbase, more-weight-on-the-front setup. This is my favorite scoot so far this year - it has all the mannerisms of the Kestrel for handling, combined with the springiness of the Serotta Legend Ti. I'm really curious to see what this would ride like with some deep carbon tubulars...off to put out a WTB in the classifieds
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-27-2017, 10:03 PM
hollowgram5 hollowgram5 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Got out for another ripper of a ride on this today. She feels super efficient climbing (yesterday was mostly flat), but I'll sheepishly admit I'm no longer used to a 39x25 low gear...forsaking my name and all that...gimme some lower gears! Still, I feel pretty balanced putting the power down on this one and set a new 5-sec max today, with a couple 1-min segment PRs...one of which had me hopping my back tire on a roller sprint...new experience there and something I'll have to work with on the shorter chainstays, shorter wheelbase, more-weight-on-the-front setup. This is my favorite scoot so far this year - it has all the mannerisms of the Kestrel for handling, combined with the springiness of the Serotta Legend Ti. I'm really curious to see what this would ride like with some deep carbon tubulars...off to put out a WTB in the classifieds
Your 39t will stay clean if it sits on the shelf while you run 52/36!!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-06-2017, 08:21 PM
GunnarDude GunnarDude is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Missouri
Posts: 39
This looks so great stripped down. Curious as to what made you change from the Extralight to this bike, besides the smaller top tube?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-11-2017, 02:18 PM
Clean39T Clean39T is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnarDude View Post
This looks so great stripped down. Curious as to what made you change from the Extralight to this bike, besides the smaller top tube?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was 100% the smaller top-tube. I wish there was an in-between size honestly - the jump from the 61 to the 59 is pretty big both in terms of what you lose in the TT and in the HT. It's a great riding bike though.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-11-2017, 09:05 PM
Jeff N. Jeff N. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 6,166
Send it to JB and have the logos bead blasted. He can do it!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-12-2017, 08:31 AM
bobswire's Avatar
bobswire bobswire is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,884
What's not to like, well done.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-12-2017, 11:05 PM
cpamplin cpamplin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff N. View Post
Send it to JB and have the logos bead blasted. He can do it!

Hmmmm how much would this cost I wonder...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.