Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-01-2023, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben View Post
I had one. 3 speed. Purple banana seat. High rise bars. Didn't have the tall "sissy bar" in back, though, just a shorter one.

The best story is this - when I was learning to ride a bike up and down the sidewalk, my parents drilled into my young brain that pedestrians had that right of way, so whenever I encountered one on the sidewalk I should move over into the grass to let them pass.

I distinctly remember telling myself many times as I executed this instruction, "Presbyterians have the right of way."
Hahahaha! When I was little we had a bicycle 'drivers license' test where they would set up a little course with street signs and cones to make the road way and there was classroom instruction and a written test to get your license. The teacher was teaching us how and where to ride on the road and she asked the class, "which side of the roda do we ride on?" Class all together says, "The right siiiiiide!"

Me, sits there saying nothing and thinking to my self, which side is the right (correct) side???

Tags
conspicuous consumption, hoarder