Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-01-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat3roadracer View Post
So using this tool, does the final figure include the $5100-$10000?
Haven't analyzed the tool, but if it is based on the tables provided in the settlement agreement, then yes. There is no "easy" way to determine the split between the NADA Trade in Value and additional compensation ($5100-$10,000) from the total buyback amount.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yngpunk View Post
Haven't analyzed the tool, but if it is based on the tables provided in the settlement agreement, then yes. There is no "easy" way to determine the split between the NADA Trade in Value and additional compensation ($5100-$10,000) from the total buyback amount.
Isn't there? Can't you just subtract the 2 numbers to get your implied trade in value?

I think the "fix" number is your damages compensation so if you just subtract it from your total trade in compensation it gives you an implied trade in, IMO.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by druptight View Post
Isn't there? Can't you just subtract the 2 numbers to get your implied trade in value?

I think the "fix" number is your damages compensation so if you just subtract it from your total trade in compensation it gives you an implied trade in, IMO.
Unclear if it is that simple, and I haven't been motivated enough to check. However, if someone is so inclined, someone on TDIClub has posted screen shots of the Sept. 2015 NADA book value for VW here:

https://imgur.com/gallery/F1M7Q
Old 07-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Time & Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by grawk View Post
https://byebyetdi.us/select.php

someone wrote a calculator page
And for my 2013 JSW, the calculator gives me the same number as I figured from the PDFs documents VW filed with the Federal Court in SF.
Old 07-02-2016, 11:59 AM

I have to dial back the criticism I had for the MB CLA/GLA. Got a look at a 2016 GLA 4MATIC and it was much nicer than the CLA I was picking on. As I'm considering a GTI or Golf R to replace the TDI Sportswagen the GLA is nice enough I will give it a closer look when the time comes.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:45 PM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GScot View Post
I have to dial back the criticism I had for the MB CLA/GLA. Got a look at a 2016 GLA 4MATIC and it was much nicer than the CLA I was picking on. As I'm considering a GTI or Golf R to replace the TDI Sportswagen the GLA is nice enough I will give it a closer look when the time comes.
How much is a MB GLA new?
Old 07-02-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
$36k-$42k from what I've looked at
Old 07-02-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpediemracing View Post
Based on talking with people with either an eGolf, the Fit EV, and one other car (maybe a Leaf? I forget actually), in the cold you can expect about 50% range. I spoke at length with the Fit EV guy, a friend and former teammate. He has a 40 mile drive each way to/from work. He can barely make it in the winter, with no heat (which is a huge energy drain). He laughed at the stuff he has to do to drive a car to work dressed up as if he were just standing around in a wind-sheltered spot outside in 15 or 20 deg F weather. He has to charge at work otherwise he can't make it home and he had some nights where he had to stop to charge to make it home. I believe the car is rated at 82 miles or something like that.
I realize I'm dredging this back up, but this is true (and was surprising to me). I lease a Fiat 500e ($86 / mo.!) and live in the San Francisco Bay Area, which is hardly known for its devastating winters.

When it got "cold" here, my range dropped from ~100mi to ~55mi. I'm surprised that this isn't bigger news / FUD against electric vehicles in general.
Old 07-02-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Starts about $33k FWD, $37k AWD. I looked at the area dealers and they had a couple at those prices. Add $3k or so for typical price. Internet shopping of course. You could price a GTI up to that if you wanted to, comparable to a Golf R.

My JSW is a 14 and paid for so I am looking a rung up the ladder, probably a base GTI in the end. Wish they had a Sportwagen length GTI.
Old 07-02-2016, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GScot View Post
Starts about $33k FWD, $37k AWD. I looked at the area dealers and they had a couple at those prices. Add $3k or so for typical price. Internet shopping of course. You could price a GTI up to that if you wanted to, comparable to a Golf R.

My JSW is a 14 and paid for so I am looking a rung up the ladder, probably a base GTI in the end. Wish they had a Sportwagen length GTI.
we were supposed to get the GTD until the current scandal
Old 07-02-2016, 10:10 PM

The family and I met our new Golf Wagen this afternoon. My wife swears its smaller than our current Jetta Wagen, is it?
Old 07-02-2016, 10:25 PM

Looking at the dimensions on Cars.com, they are almost identical. Actually the Golf is a bit larger fore and aft. Interesting.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:31 PM

Mk6 to mk7? As you say, it's a bit larger but it is lighter.
Old 07-03-2016, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfreytag View Post
I realize I'm dredging this back up, but this is true (and was surprising to me). I lease a Fiat 500e ($86 / mo.!) and live in the San Francisco Bay Area, which is hardly known for its devastating winters.

When it got "cold" here, my range dropped from ~100mi to ~55mi. I'm surprised that this isn't bigger news / FUD against electric vehicles in general.
I forgot to mention that my Fit EV friend also put snows on his car for the winter. He noticed a range drop, even in normal weather. I guess those low rolling resistance tires are a bit different.

I was really shocked at how low the range was. The person talking about the eGolf was a colleague of mine when I worked at the dealership. Person verified that, yeah, in winter, using no heat, just cold weather, range was about half. The first I heard of the low range in winter was at an electric car "meet" I stumbled upon at the local playground (I was there with Junior). Tesla, Volt, Leaf I think, two hand built bike-car things (high school EV project). I spoke with one person at length, he mentioned the range was halved in the winter but I really didn't assimilate it.

I'm curious how the folks in Norway or Sweden, the Lapland country wherever they use a lot of electric cars, get along.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:26 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat3roadracer View Post
The family and I met our new Golf Wagen this afternoon. My wife swears its smaller than our current Jetta Wagen, is it?
Let us(me?) know what ya think..a GSW is in our future, probably.

Tags
autoscam, boring threads