Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-05-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfox View Post
We cyclists always come across as such complete wussbags in these videos. I know it's the sane, rational, intelligent thing to do, but I'd love to see someone do something other than stand there and say "sir! sir! please don't touch my bike! I have this on camera!!".
Agreed. They just fuel the hate.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:13 AM

well..it's not like anyone with a brain will put video evidence of them kicking a driver's ass onto the internet..regardless of how deserved it is. so all you're going to see are victim videos
Old 03-05-2015, 08:20 AM

it's not just older cyclists using hormones and steroids to get through their day.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:31 AM

Not much of a right hook, pretty slow speed, cyclist stopped to avoid contact. Driver an ass for anger, but the cyclist overreacted too.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:31 AM
That guy..

http://www.bgr.in/news/xiaomi-takes-...h-64-yicamera/

I plan on picking up some HD cameras for both the car and for when I bike.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elefantino View Post
The best comments sections are the non-existent comment sections.
Definitely. I'm relieved when I finish reading a story and see that the comments functionality has been disabled. The article could be about interest rate policy, immigration reform, whatever... and almost without fail, the comments section will include mentions of Nazi Germany and Obama's Kenyan/Muslim roots. I'd be ok if every major news site got rid of comments altogether.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:22 AM

I'm amazed at how angry someone can get over basically nothing. This was a get out of the car, dude you ok and go on about your business sort thing.

I had the same thing happen to me with a minivan in a local state park. She accelerated to pass me then turned into a parking lot directly in front of me. I swerved to avoid her but she clipped my shoulder, not really hard but left a big dirt mark from her van and almost knocked me down. She kept going on into the lot and parked like nothing happened. I took off after her and when I pulled along side the van it was loaded with little kids that she was taking to a beach area at the lake. I came to my senses and realized that it would go nowhere fast and just left. I'm not sure she even knew she clipped me.

The lack of awareness of the space taken up by their vehicle amazes me with drivers. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy really thought he gave the guy enough space. People tend to think a blinker is a force field you put it on and just start moving over and it magically moves things out of your way.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:54 AM

On Road Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolm View Post

I had the same thing happen to me with a minivan in a local state park. She accelerated to pass me then turned into a parking lot directly in front of me. I swerved to avoid her but she clipped my shoulder, not really hard but left a big dirt mark from her van and almost knocked me down. She kept going on into the lot and parked like nothing happened. I took off after her and when I pulled along side the van it was loaded with little kids that she was taking to a beach area at the lake. I came to my senses and realized that it would go nowhere fast and just left. I'm not sure she even knew she clipped me.
I think there is a way to let people know that they almost killed you without flying off the handle. I almost feel like it's a responsibility to let them know what their actions did in that situation and that both parties are lucky it didn't come out differently. You did the right thing if you wouldn't have able to do this calmly, but part of that driver awareness is education. And using an example that just happened and invoked THEM I'd a great way to learn.

www.deliberatelydomestic.com
Old 03-05-2015, 11:56 AM

On Road Rage

^ sorry about the typos and grammatical errors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanile View Post
well..it's not like anyone with a brain will put video evidence of them kicking a driver's ass onto the internet..regardless of how deserved it is. so all you're going to see are victim videos
This. I'm sure a driver or two gets pounded every so often.

www.deliberatelydomestic.com
Old 03-05-2015, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAllen View Post
I think there is a way to let people know that they almost killed you without flying off the handle. I almost feel like it's a responsibility to let them know what their actions did in that situation and that both parties are lucky it didn't come out differently. You did the right thing if you wouldn't have able to do this calmly, but part of that driver awareness is education. And using an example that just happened and invoked THEM I'd a great way to learn.
I completely agree, but with a car full of kids I wasn't going to risk her being an arse and me responding inappropriately.