Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-04-2015, 08:30 AM
Lanterne rouge

OT, Photographer needed in Chicago area.

The wife wants to have a family photo taken. I dont want some cheesy studio shot. I need somebody with a good camera and a bit of knowledge of how to use it. I am looking to take a family photo somewhere in the out of doors.
I know us bike guys are good at alot of stuff. Hopefully someone can take a good photo without making it a huge production out of it.

TIA.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tihsepa View Post
The wife wants to have a family photo taken. I dont want some cheesy studio shot. I need somebody with a good camera and a bit of knowledge of how to use it. I am looking to take a family photo somewhere in the out of doors.
I know us bike guys are good at alot of stuff. Hopefully someone can take a good photo without making it a huge production out of it.

TIA.
Takes more than a "good camera and a bit of knowledge" to produce a decent photo. Best bet is to reach out to a few wedding photographers in the area and see if they can take care of you for your price point and if not maybe they recommend an assistant who can. You can expect to pay a $200-$300 but you'll have an image you'll be happy with 30 years from now.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:52 AM

Last Fall we did a search on-line for local photographers then looked at their websites to choose one whose work we liked. We got a bunch of great shots of Les, me and Eric (the dog) on the beach. The session fee was reasonable and included our choice of 3 or 4 digital media. There were so many good shots we paid extra for all the shots taken which were stored on the photogs site and accessed by a personal code/password assigned to us. We used some on our Xmas cards, some were posted on-line and some were printed as a montage onto framed fabric and hung in our entryway. We like having total control over what and how we print and/or post any/all of the pix.

All this was a lot cheaper than the old practice of ordering selected prints through the photographer.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:24 AM

Sylvia Krzysztofek

My sister got our family a photo session with Sylvia Krzysztofek (thisgirlsylvia.com) who has since moved back to Chicago. She did a great job with our kids and our family in an informal setting.

PM me if you want examples of the family photos she did for us.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:46 PM

Too bad you're not in the Toronto area...I would've taken care of you...I had a wedding & portrait studio for the better part of 10 years.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:49 PM
Lanterne rouge

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
I am not looking to get out on the cheap, just looking to throw some business to a Paceliner.

Canada is a bit far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntb1001 View Post
Too bad you're not in the Toronto area...I would've taken care of you...I had a wedding & portrait studio for the better part of 10 years.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:50 AM

Josh dreyfus

He's a cyclist, professional photog and all around great guy.

http://www.joshdreyfus.com/sources/ipad/index.php#home