Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-29-2017, 06:54 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntb1001 View Post
i really like it with the painted stem and white accents.

I just have to figure out what customs would do with the charges

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Gotcha. I could always do it up as a 'warranty replacement'. Most customs people don't charge if it's listed that way. The US doesn't. They also don't if it's 'not for retail sale'. For the frames/bikes that came over for NAHBS, I had to fill out a form stating so. And they weren't. They are heading back to Britain. But the form allowed me to bring them in without being charged duties and taxes.

I'll look into it for you.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:05 AM
Vendor

@ntb1001

I just checked Canadian import taxes. For a frame and fork it is 5% on value. But there may/might be a customs handling fee which is up to the customs agent. Supposedly if it goes thru the Post, they don't charge a handling fee. As long as the frame is small enough and can fit into a small enough box, it could go thru Post. I'd need to know the size frame and your post code so I can figure out shipping charges.

Let me know if you want me to figure things out.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:55 AM

wow...talk about customer service!!!

I ride a 54-55 or size med.

5% isn't bad...but I also probably have to add HST(13%) when it arrives, so brings everything to at least 18% extra for me.

Thanks for checking for me!!
Old 03-29-2017, 07:59 AM

sales guy....PM incoming
Old 03-29-2017, 10:21 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntb1001 View Post
wow...talk about customer service!!!

I ride a 54-55 or size med.

5% isn't bad...but I also probably have to add HST(13%) when it arrives, so brings everything to at least 18% extra for me.

Thanks for checking for me!!

No worries. Happy to help. I answer questions all day long.

Check the website for frame geometries.

For the costs, I answered that in the PM you sent. Let me know if you have any other questions. PM or here is fine.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:34 PM
Vendor

Another one of our NAHBS builds. This is the Enigma Esprit. It is a UK made frame and has traditional horizontal top tube geometry. Personally, I love the geometry. I am a bigger fan of a horizontal top tube or only slightly sloping. So it was really nice to have this to show off.

It is a 3/2.5 titanium frame. It uses a traditional external cup headset- 1 1/8" size. I put one of the White Industries headsets on it. It looks really nice on it. While the frame uses ti anodizing for the finish, it's really tough to match that given the differences in materials. So I just went with black. It has our C-Six full carbon fork on it. A really nice fork. This is a Signature Collection frame so it's made to order. We have a stock geometry on the site but this is usually custom.

I used Thomson components for the cockpit. The prototype alloy road bar with an X2 stem. Looks really nice on here. For the post, it's the prototype Masterpiece Carbon. Again, looks really nice on here. I would normally use a carbon bar to match but I wanted to show off the alloy bar they sent me.

It's a full Shimano Dura Ace 9100 kit. Personally, I like the looks of it but I hate the new front derailleur. The shifting, it's really nice and clean. Brakes, strong and solid feeling.

The wheels, they are Hunt Wheels out of the UK. It's a carbon rim with Pillar Spoke and Hunt hubs. I love these things. Even to the point I am going to start distributing them in the States. The hubs, they are sooooo smooth. They spin forever. Very impressed with them.

The ti anodizing was something Britain came up with. It was some different they wanted to try. It's a gold ano on the frame. We even did the seat collar in a gold ano since this frame has a titanium seat collar on it.

I finished it off with a very light WTB saddle, Fizik soft touch bar tape, Continental GP4000 tires and yep, a King Ti cage.

Very happy with the look of it. I'd personally love to get one in my size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0510.jpg (72.2 KB, 411 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0515.JPG (132.2 KB, 408 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0516.jpg (27.5 KB, 409 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0517.jpg (43.3 KB, 408 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0520.jpg (41.0 KB, 408 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0521.jpg (57.2 KB, 405 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0540.jpg (58.3 KB, 413 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0569.jpg (38.2 KB, 407 views)

Last edited by sales guy; 03-29-2017 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:17 AM
Vendor

This is another one of our NAHBS bikes. Enigma Etape sport touring/commuter bike.

This is the one I had issues with deciding on the bar tape and saddle. In the end, I did go with Brooks leather bar tape and a Selle Anatomica saddle, both in black. While at the show tho I did see the Rivet brand of saddles and their bar tape. Which by the way, had I done it again, I would've used their saddle and bar tape. I think it looked a bit nicer.

This is a 3/2.5 titanium frame with Paragon disc brake dropouts. It's a standard 1 1/8" integrated headtube. It has an Enigma headset on it but for the show it had the White Industries headset in Purple! These pictures were taken before the headset came in and before I switched the bar tape and saddle.

I wanted a commuter/sport touring bike I would personally ride or buy and this is what I came up with. I wanted to draw on the ti anodized logos so I went with gold, blue and purple accents. Gold White Industries hubs, blue skewers, blue and purple spoke nipples. It accented the logos well.

I custom built the wheels with WTB Frequency CX rims, WTB Thickslick tires, DT Swiss competition spokes. I did the two spokes surrounding the valve in silver, the rest in black. The two silver spokes used blue nipples and the rest in purple.

The fenders were made by Woodys Fenders in Oregon. Pricey but super worth it cause I love the look and the colors of them. So incredibly well made. I will absolutely buy from him again. Already thinking of a set for next years build!

This bike made it to the Final Four for Best Commuter bike at NAHBS. After speaking to a couple people, they said they kept being/feeling surprised by what they would see. Logos first, then oh, the hubs, the oh, the skewers, oh the nipples, the headset. So I must've done something right since it made the final four.

The rest of the build kit is a Shimano Ultegra 11 speed Hydro kit. It has the IceTech center lock rotors. I love these. Stiff, straight and they stop so well. The Ultegra kit is just so good it's hard not to like them.

I am working on a bike for next years NAHBS. I wanted Woody to make a wooden rack for the rear but we didn't have time. So hopefully that will put us over the top next year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0253.jpg (79.4 KB, 367 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0255.jpg (78.8 KB, 368 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0264.jpg (42.9 KB, 359 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0277.jpg (29.0 KB, 364 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0278.jpg (34.4 KB, 364 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0286.jpg (37.5 KB, 359 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0290.jpg (146.7 KB, 362 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0252.jpg (89.3 KB, 367 views)
Old 04-01-2017, 11:23 AM
Lanterne rouge

The finish on those is stunning.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:34 AM

Deleted because I found answer to the question I was asking.

Last edited by nmrt; 04-01-2017 at 11:40 AM. Reason: found my answer
Old 04-01-2017, 11:41 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmrt View Post
Deleted because I found answer to the question I was asking.
Ok.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:24 PM
Vendor

Another of our NAHBS builds. This is my personal Enigma Ego 650b mountain bike.

Last year I wanted to get a custom mountain frame made for me. SO we worked on it for a month and planned on having it done for Interbike. I had the frame done but I couldn't get the parts I wanted all set for the show, so it sat on a frame display at the show.

I wanted to pull out the white and red graphics with red and white parts. The fork was supposed to be custom painted in red and white on a Sid, but Rock Shox didn't come thru so eventually I used a Pike for the NAHBS build.

I didn't want to push the price too much so I used a Shimano XT kit. But the wheels from Reynolds came with red decals so it looked awesome with them on there. But I did pull out a Thomson titanium bar to match the frame finish.

WTB hooked me up with new tires, saddle and grips. Thomson with the bar, stealth dropper post, seat collar, dress up kit for the X4 stem and the ti bar. White Industries, their new headset. Everything on this I picked cause I know how good it is. How durable it is. And yeah, cause it looks good.

The finish is a brushed titanium with a tough grey in the Elementary Design. The logos, that is the brushed titanium showing thru the paint. No decals, so the white and red is paint as well.

The welds are super clean and show well on the brushed finish. I was really happy I got it built up even if the fork isn't right. I will probably switch a couple things around but not much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0393.jpg (77.2 KB, 436 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0395.jpg (59.5 KB, 436 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0399.jpg (89.3 KB, 431 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0421.jpg (39.0 KB, 431 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0431.jpg (58.2 KB, 435 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0432.jpg (109.5 KB, 432 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0433.jpg (53.3 KB, 432 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0434.jpg (72.6 KB, 431 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0443.jpg (74.9 KB, 425 views)

Last edited by sales guy; 02-02-2018 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:56 AM

These look amazing -- thanks for sharing. Any builds of the Evade you can share? I'm poking around for a new rig, and am keen to learn more about the Evade, as the geometry looks like the best bet for me, fit-wise.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:10 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15 View Post
These look amazing -- thanks for sharing. Any builds of the Evade you can share? I'm poking around for a new rig, and am keen to learn more about the Evade, as the geometry looks like the best bet for me, fit-wise.

Thanks for the question. I don't have a bunch of the Evade. I do have 2 Evade frames coming in for customers so I will have those to take pics of. But I am posting pics of the ones I have.

Let me know if you have any other questions I can answer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EnigmaCycles-Evade-Postcard-White.jpg (34.3 KB, 257 views)
File Type: jpg Evade-Dura Ace build.jpg (45.0 KB, 260 views)
Old 04-06-2017, 06:32 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15 View Post

Will, thanks for the call tonight. Hopefully I was able to answer your questions. Feel free to ring me again if you'd like to talk about Enigma or Kathleen! lol! Funny how small the cycling world is.

Here are those other pics of the Evade I mentioned on the phone. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

I have more pics of other Evades that i've found in our dropbox. I can post more if you'd like.

Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unspecified-52.jpg (32.3 KB, 239 views)
File Type: jpg unspecified-53.jpg (25.5 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg unspecified-54.jpg (40.0 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg unspecified-55.jpg (44.7 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg unspecified-56.jpg (52.0 KB, 238 views)
File Type: jpg unspecified-57.jpg (38.2 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg unspecified-58.jpg (44.4 KB, 238 views)
Old 04-06-2017, 07:30 PM
Vendor

Here is a small sample of the finishes we do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Enigma Paintworks Colour Chart.jpg (57.1 KB, 231 views)