Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-30-2015, 08:14 PM

Might be obvious but...

Wasn't sure where to put this - but in the event your bike does get stolen - for 30 yrs now I have but a piece of paper rolled up with "this bike stolen from" and your particulars (not contact info though (except cell phone in recent years!). Bad guy won't think to look for it - and if the police recover it - pretty easy to prove when you tell them. I put in seat tube and handlebar. Again - might be obvious to most or ridiculous to some - but anything to help get it back...
Old 10-01-2015, 03:53 PM

Stolen bikes -- Please help

A local patron of my buddy's bike shop had her Salsa stolen. It's fairly unique and thought posting it here couldn't hurt:
Old 10-26-2015, 10:47 AM

My Formigli FGR was stolen out of my van in San Diego yesterday, so if you're in the greater Southwest area, it may be out and about.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:38 PM

Stolen bikes -- Please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michon View Post
Wasn't sure where to put this - but in the event your bike does get stolen - for 30 yrs now I have but a piece of paper rolled up with "this bike stolen from" and your particulars (not contact info though (except cell phone in recent years!). Bad guy won't think to look for it - and if the police recover it - pretty easy to prove when you tell them. I put in seat tube and handlebar. Again - might be obvious to most or ridiculous to some - but anything to help get it back...

Not ridiculous. I've put a business card in the bars for 30+ years. Not sure how much it helps but it makes me feel better.

Bike thieves are lower than whale poop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2015, 10:32 AM

Bianchi Boron XL

My 59cm Bianchi was stolen out of my garage on Oct. 30 here in San Antonio. Shimano Ultegra 10-speed, Mavic Ksyrium wheels, custom celeste paint with white panels, black and white cables, 3T Doric Pro seatpost.

That was my favorite bike. 15 years old but had it repainted and updated a couple of years ago. It was like a new bike to me. Reward offered.

Last edited by 91Bear; 12-04-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:37 AM
Administrator

91Bear-- Sorry to hear about this. That's a very nice Bianchi and I hope you are able to get this back.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:08 PM

Thanks. Too nice, apparently.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:41 AM

Specialized Tarmac, Trek Speed Concept 9.8 from Millbury, MA

Couple's racers were swiped - Merry Friggin' Christmas.

Riders in New England and New York, please keep your eyes out!

Both have SRAM Force.

Bontrager wheels on the Trek, Mavics on the Tarmac.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:53 PM

Following the thread

I have a shop and am following the thread if anything in NW Arkansas please let me know.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:42 PM

breaks my heart

I hope you all find your bikes. Bikes become friends and talismans of memory! My wife's Miyata Quickcross was stolen in Chicago after thousands of miles of riding in Colorado, England, Italy, and Chicago. We didn't own a car and did everything by bike unless it was icy. She still has muscle memory of that uniquely constucted frame, and everything else she rides feels a bit odd to her.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:25 AM

Davis Ca fixie stolen

8:30 today in front of Target
One off Phil Wood Indy Fab
Ti and Carbon
Phil hubs
Campy Record Pista crank
Ritchey bars and stem
Thompson silver set back post
Black Arione saddle
Rear bottle mounts
Please keep eye on CList
Pm me if any leads
Thx
Mojo heartbroken in Davis
Old 06-28-2016, 04:23 PM

stolen bikes colorado

stolen bikes colorado - there is also Stolen Bikes Colorado - a facebook group
Old 07-01-2016, 04:48 PM

Cervelo S2 stolen fron Cambridge Tour de Grand

Posted on Facebook by the Speed River Bicycle Shop up here in Guelph ON. Suspect and bike are pictured below.

====================================

Recognize this bike thief? Read the account below and share as much as you can! Bike was stolen from the Tour de Grand, read the account and check out the pics.

"We signed up for the 160K and have to say at the end I was soooo exhausted as the wind was wicked that day.

When we finished in Churchill Park we were desperate for food and had parked the car at a lot a long way from the Duncan McIntosh Community Center - where the after race food was provided. Lots of bikes were lined up all along the building outside so I put my bike with others against the side of the building. Went in for about 30 minutes to eat with the group. Came out and the bike was goneā€¦.we hunted around checked parking lots etc but no sign.

Noticed there were camera's outside and inside the building. Talked to race organizers (who had never had one bike reported stolen in 20 years) and the building superintendent came and viewed the video with Cam and I. They had an outside camera that clearly showed this guy walking back and forth looking at the bikes, then go in the building (found him then on the indoor camera using the bathroom). He then exited the building grabbed the bike really fast and walked away with it.

We called the police, they came to view the video but unfortunately have no way to ID the guy. They have all the video footage from the city and provided me with these two close up shots of the guy inside the building just prior to the theft.

Sorry this is so long winded, hope you can parse it down to something useful. The bike was a Cervelo S2 2014 with 105 Components, Garmin 800, Shimano 500 wheels and the saddle was switched out to a white Specialized Toupe."

Hopefully the power of the bike community will turn something up!

https://www.facebook.com/speedriverbicycle/?pnref=story
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Speed River 1.JPG (47.4 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg Speed River 2.jpg (121.4 KB, 182 views)
Old 07-16-2016, 12:52 AM

PSA Stolen Zanconato - San Francisco

My old Zanconato Max was stolen today in the Marina in SF from a friend's car. It was looking like I was on the cusp of buying it back from him (like, maybe today) so this sucks for both of us. Ugh.

Here it is...silver/jade metallic paint with red script on white panels. Max tubing...Di2 specific with a straight Max fork. Was ripped off with Ultegra Di2 and Enve wheels.

Please keep an eye out for it in your classifieds travels...there's only one like it out there.

Thanks all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zanc.jpg (69.1 KB, 617 views)
Old 07-16-2016, 01:01 AM

Thats you?!? Saw it on bike index.

got my eyes PEELED and not afraid to fight.