Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-26-2014, 09:43 AM

Potato the bush is at the front, not at the left, the UPS guy fail anatomy
Old 10-26-2014, 02:36 PM

Wiggle customer service...

I have ordered from Wiggle over the last 5 years and so far no issues.
I also support my local bike shops having bought myself 2 bikes, my wife 1 and my sons 3 bikes and 3 sets of hand built wheels over the same time period.
Online shopping allows me to source parts or brands not stocked by my LBS.
There is a place for both in my opinion, and having bought from several sources I have found Wiggle and Fairwheel Bikes to be the most reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2014, 06:22 PM

I guess I'm alone here but I don't thiink two weeks is a lot of time to allow them to sort this out. You're ordering from overseas to get a very cheap price. This type of thing is the risk you take. If you don't want to take this risk, follow old potato's sage advice above.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
and of course, just for the flip side, i've ordered a whole bunch of stuff from Wiggle over the years, most recently a set of zonda's at a criminally low price, and had nothing but great service from them.
Same here . I have been a happy customer for years.. Everything arrived as ordered in less time than would have been expected from a U.S. company. Sorry about your bad experience, but Wiggle has been good to me.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonW87 View Post
I guess I'm alone here but I don't thiink two weeks is a lot of time to allow them to sort this out. You're ordering from overseas to get a very cheap price. This type of thing is the risk you take. If you don't want to take this risk, follow old potato's sage advice above.

I agree with this
Old 10-26-2014, 09:26 PM

Think about their food, cars and, come on now, the monarchy?!! Why should their service be any better

Seriously, Wiggle has been good to me too.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:31 PM

I remember reading somewhere something along the lines of "Online shopping is awesome, except when it's not"
Old 10-26-2014, 11:31 PM

They way it works is

You don't have to deal with a d**khead when you order the stuff, then you don't have a d**khead to deal with when things go wrong. Who is the d**khead then?

Old 10-27-2014, 02:33 AM

Wiggle customer service...

Just had an order delivered today. Everything ordered in the box and in perfect condition.
8 days from ordering to delivery in Australia. Pretty good in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2014, 02:44 AM
No hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
Potato the bush is at the front, not at the left, the UPS guy fail anatomy
LOL!
Old 11-26-2014, 08:44 PM

so...an update on our fine friends at wiggle...at this point I guess I am about 7 or 8 weeks into the process...wiggle in fact finally recognized they lost the package as they had put a totally bizarre addy on it...wasn't mine ect...so they told me I had to wait until their investigations were done via DHL...about 3 weeks ago they wrote and said DHL had in fact located missing package and was sending back to england, to wiggle...whereupon I would get my 100 dollars back...I asked why I needed to wait for package to go back as if they are in touch with DHL ect and everyone recognizes problem ect...errr, they said, it is "our policy"...so waiting and waiting to hear from them...have asked their customer service 4 times now via status and don't even get a response from them...so still waiting for the refund of my 100 bucks for a package they mislabeled, found with their carrier but still have not returned my money and this nearly two months after this fiasco began ..I suppose it could take DHL 3 weeks to return said package to wiggle...but I have to say, this is about the worst customer service I have ever encountered...and am still waiting for the refund of my funds for good I never have seen...and oh, about 4 hours of countless emails...
Old 11-26-2014, 11:44 PM

looks like a classic DHell story like i've had for the last 25 years or so when something goes wrong with them. not to try to help Wiggle wiggle out of this, looks like they've been on the stupid side of customer service when it got a bit too complex for their reps' brains to handle. well working brains cost mucho denario in CS.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy-moots View Post
I remember reading somewhere something along the lines of "Online shopping is awesome, except when it's not"
yup. It goes right 100 times then, when something goes wrong its a cluster@#$%........................had trouble like this with PBK, 30 days later the parts showed up and the order had the wrong parts in it...

Last edited by soulspinner; 11-27-2014 at 06:53 AM.