Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-25-2014, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
suspected by velonews as well. I guess chris knows the director in bend. I guess he just wants to race. Can't believe he will still get his 6 figure salary so i guess it's just the love of training constantly and racing..even at the level of us racing.
+1
Old 11-25-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Suspected by Velonews as well. I guess Chris knows the director in Bend. I guess he just wants to race. Can't believe he will still get his 6 figure salary so I guess it's just the love of training constantly and racing..even at the level of US racing.
Good for him. One need go no further than to look at this forum to see the lengths some will go to ride and race a bike while trying to balance work, family and time,spending thousands of dollars for the pleasure of getting your ass beat by other wannabes. Chris has been racing his whole life, getting paid for it, always with a smile on his face ,even on bad days. I think he's doing pretty good job,considering.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:28 AM

I wonder if he gets to keep all the team bikes after the season like he did with Webcor.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobswire View Post
Good for him. One need go no further than to look at this forum to see the lengths some will go to ride and race a bike while trying to balance work, family and time,spending thousands of dollars for the pleasure of getting your ass beat by other wannabes. Chris has been racing his whole life, getting paid for it, always with a smile on his face ,even on bad days. I think he's doing pretty good job,considering.
I totally agree, more power to him for wanting to keep going and swing it any which way he can!!!!
Old 11-26-2014, 09:49 PM
cnighbor2

horner

Horner linked to U.S. Continental team Airgas-Safeway
The squad’s principal, Chris Johnson, would not comment on the roster of the team when asked by VeloNews if the team had signed Horner
Old 11-26-2014, 10:26 PM

What would be interesting is if Horner actually wins races virtually all by himself

IMO from the pro teams probably the team that needed him the most was BMC.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:28 PM

Doubt he will make 6 figures...more like 20 grand I bet...and then try to sell alot of ad crap to us old guys...

Have been reading Hincapies auto and he talks about the day he is leaving the sport, riding onto the champs and guys from the peloton want him to ride onto it first for the lap of honor ect...just as he is going out front, Horner sprints out and yells back "you don't deserve it..." and rides it off of him...from one doped dude to another I guess...what a confused bunch of fellows...
Old 12-01-2014, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Details have been revealed for his new team...
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/horn...airgas-safeway
Old 12-01-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
“2015 is shaping up to be a fun year with great racing and more time at home with my family, including the new baby we have on the way in January,” Horner said. “I can’t wait to race with a group of excited young pros - their enthusiasm will make the season fun and exciting.”
Good for him.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:31 PM

Let's just hope he doesn't say to this generation what Frischkorn alleges he said to him.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:48 PM
i ride to eat.

awesome i hope he shows up to a couple NRC crits.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:39 PM

Not 20

I doubt he is riding for 20k- Horner is all about the Benjamin's.
I would say that he is likely getting paid a large percentage of their total budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash05458 View Post
Doubt he will make 6 figures...more like 20 grand I bet...and then try to sell alot of ad crap to us old guys...

Have been reading Hincapies auto and he talks about the day he is leaving the sport, riding onto the champs and guys from the peloton want him to ride onto it first for the lap of honor ect...just as he is going out front, Horner sprints out and yells back "you don't deserve it..." and rides it off of him...from one doped dude to another I guess...what a confused bunch of fellows...
Old 12-01-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H. View Post
I doubt he is riding for 20k- Horner is all about the Benjamin's.
I would say that he is likely getting paid a large percentage of their total budget.
Horner is at the "take whatever he can get" stage of his career. He did not have a lot of options. It was either Airgas-Safeway or working in the basement of Mellow Johnny's.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:22 PM

Not really

I agree that the team is bottom of the barrel I disagree that his salary is bottom of the barrel. It is certainly not what he was making during his best years on Pro Tour teams.
In US racing he can win more or less by himself.
A poor team just means he has to unleash 100% of Chris Horner. A better team would allow him to be more surgical.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:32 PM

Chris Horner gone from Lampre-Merida for 2015

I predict that he will beat on domestic pros at the smaller stage races and they'll all complain about him the same way the did about Mancebo. While they complain on social media and in blog posts, he will be working hard and get results with a smile on his face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk