Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2017, 12:09 AM

Stumbled into eBay and bought a Kirk...

A Kirk Pacenti that is

It actually popped up when I was going to pull down the Keith Anderson I had listed on there. They saw me coming a mile away...not only is it exactly the specs I'm settled on with it being a little taller than the Merlin I just let go and the same reach, but it's pretty much my favorite color combination going. And it looked to have the same fork I had on my Moots (maybe made by ENVE), which was awesome and fit 28s.

The Pros Closet had it listed for $999. I threw out a low offer. They countered much lower than I expected. And I took it. Let's just say it's a no-risk option.

All that happened quickly with me not wanting to risk a missed swoop, so I kind of went on faith that if it had Pacenti's name on it and had good geo for me, it'd be worth trying...post purchase though I went looking for more info on the frame...

And behold, I found this post, this post, and this post from Kirk linking to this Flickr album by Curt Goodrich, who it turns out did the paint on the frameset (I didn't even notice the CG logo on the chain stay in the eBay listing), which uncovered that the frame Kirk was describing in those posts was the frame I just bought. That's some pretty fun serendipity right there. What's more, it looks like this hasn't even been ridden...maybe hasn't even been off the wall other than to pick up the little scratch shown.

Anyway, this one is going to be fun to build, and I feel pretty safe with it coming from TPC that I won't have another eBay purch gone bad this time around.

I could see it going silver/white/alloy or black/black/carbon, and looking good either way. Good thing I still have a nice stash of parts in the cabinet...

Note: this is a true N+1 purchase...the Peg stays

Last edited by Clean39T; 09-20-2017 at 12:52 AM.