Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2017, 02:07 PM

Outstanding Packing job

So I do a bit of trading on EBay, you can find some good deals and generally no problems. Unfortunately my last bicycle related purchase is turning into a bit of a cluster thing. I bought the frame and paid for the frame plus shipping ($75 for shipping a frame, no fork, headset, bb). The seller informed me after the purchase that given the Easter weekend it would be delayed till Monday (actually left a couple of days later) any way, it arrived yesterday, it was not boxed, it was "wrapped" loosely in like two light layers of bubble wrap, a small cardboard "vanity cover" over the triangle. Most of the rear triangle was "exposed" I sent the guy a note asking for a refund. I have not disturbed the packaging because then its on me. He says just have it checked out at my LBS all will be fine. My concern is doing anything puts me in the position of having to defend my self and the fact that this all starts with a poor packing job. Honestly, never, ever gotten a frame that was not in a box.

Happy to take the abuse about the 'Bay, but am I just anal thinking it should have come in a box. Should I really just take the frame and the risk, or am I somewhat right to feel kind of "taken advantage of".

Best

Ray