Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-20-2017, 02:28 AM

I tried it and just can't do it

the problem for me is that I like to stand on my bike, rock it and stretch the legs. the days of all out-sprinting are long past but I would feel like my hands were tied behind my back if I could not stand and rock the bike every now and then. and when I did it with a large saddlebag, the handling of the bike was so off! I've even gone to no saddle bag and carry stuff in one of my bottle cages.

the other thing is, it seems like at least a few times a year, I pull up to someone and notice their saddlebag was unzipped and it looks like some stuff has dropped out somewhere along the way. if you carry your stuff in a bottle cage, you can always see it and even get to it when on go.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:23 AM
Randomhead

the wagging is a little disconcerting. I think you can get rid of most of it, but if you have to re-pack on the road, it's not easy. I have the Revelate Vischache, and someone I know that rode the tour Divide told me the real secret is the effective use of the internal strap. Which does seem to be very important and also somewhat difficult to get right.

I just put an Acorn Boxy Rando bag on the front, and was a little surprised that I filled it up without getting rid of much of the stuff I had in the back. Although I was carrying clothes for overnight. I also find it useful for carrying water. I probably could put some bottles in the front bag.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:31 AM

With a bagman support, it's hard to beat a Dill Pickel or a Carridice long flap.

My carridice is going on ten, and even though I don't use it anymore. My friend rides it everyday, and still works like a champ.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
Oveja Negra Gearjammer. They cover it all. They are tops for construction, design, materials, weight, and durability. I have not found a better seat bag for bike packing.

https://www.ovejanegrabikepacking.co...ammer-seat-bag

If you want something more traditional. I give a tip to the hat for acorn bags.
Great people too. I hear there's one available in the Classifieds
Old 07-01-2017, 12:34 PM
SageOfMilwaukee

Looking at the medium GearJammer in Orange to match my burrito supreme from road runner bags. Any discount codes out there? Any input one way or another on the product, waiting time to receive?