Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-18-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycampyer View Post
Hey, Paul! It's been a while! Hope all is well with you! Re the Ottrott, I think it is one of the most elegant frames ever made in any material. And I'm partial to the older style lugs, like on your and Eric's bike (and mine). The lugs in the later years with the curly, Newvex-inspired shape never did anything for me.

From what I recall from talking to someone who worked at the factory, the water bottle bosses were welded on only in the last couple of years. The one in the photo is the second or third last Legend ever made, so it has all of the cumulative features. Most Legends had the swaged and shaped tubes from the very beginning, although one can see refinement in the tapers from earlier years to later years. The earliest models didn't have 3-D dropouts or machined headtubes. The 3-D dropouts were introduced in the early 2000's iirc. Serotta started machining the headtubes on Legends and Ottrotts sometime later, not sure when. What's interesting is that the water bottle bosses on the Prontos have rivnuts, so it appears that only the Legends that got the treatment.

This paint scheme was actually referred to by Serotta as "3/4." They also had a "1/2 & 1/2" paint scheme where the paint lines were truncated perpendicular to the tubes. The "3/4" paint scheme is painted so that, when you view it directly from the side, it follows a downward sloping angle. The "3/4"" in a dark blue is another of my favorites. Legends painted the same way with candy apple red or cha-ching green often had a gold accent band, and look stunning. Indy panels, the 3/4 and the red to yellow fade are perhaps the most iconic Serotta paint schemes.

To highpowernut, the photo you linked to is of an all-white Meivici. Hard to go wrong with an all white bike, and that's a perfect example.

And to dgauthier, that isn't a harlequin paint job, afaik. That is the red tint (a respray from the original green, irrc).

Happy,
Wish it was a meivici, actually a hsg .
But rides nice , and fast.

Hard to beat the longevity of a ti bike, I prefer my ti bare to show it off.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpowernut View Post
Happy,
Wish it was a meivici, actually a hsg .
But rides nice , and fast.

Hard to beat the longevity of a ti bike, I prefer my ti bare to show it off.
Do you have a "from the side" shot? Is that a custom finish, or a stock Serotta offering? Looks great!
Old 06-18-2017, 01:33 PM

[QUOTE=Clean39T;2191257]Do you have a "from the side" shot? Is that a custom finish, or a stock Serotta offering? Looks great![/QUOTE
Guess you ask about the legend, it's matte and polished with reverse logos, polish logos on matte , matte logos on the polish area . it's not built now , but here is a current shot
Old 06-18-2017, 01:47 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpowernut View Post
Happy campers legend is a classic that I would love, another was noochs pronto that he sold. Not quite the same , but I like it.
Seeing the size of Nooch's pronto makes his accomplishment of losing 60 pounds even more impressive.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:09 PM

Always really liked this one: