Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-18-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idris Icabod View Post
Isn't parcel force part of the post office? I wonder if you are simply paying for a tracking number but the parcel would travel on the same plane?
Yeah, the same company I just was wondering if one came faster? No problem if not. I mean, I saved $125 by picking up a helmet through Ribble compared to getting one here so I am fine with the wait.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:12 PM
il Curmudgeoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutgallery View Post
You guys stress over all this and I laugh, I get pleasure from jacked up shipping and I think you should pay tax and run the customs gauntlet with a for reals cost.

Buy American at an LBS or stateside online retailer, this whole scene is in the process of getting shut down. SRAM pulled the plug and Shimano is not far behind from what I hear. Live it it up while you can and don't ask too many questions
Wow....just wow.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:10 PM

I have ordered numerous things from Ribble and always selected the cheap option. I do not think it ever took longer than a wee to arrive. Good luck.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutgallery View Post
You guys stress over all this and I laugh, I get pleasure from jacked up shipping and I think you should pay tax and run the customs gauntlet with a for reals cost.

Buy American at an LBS or stateside online retailer, this whole scene is in the process of getting shut down. SRAM pulled the plug and Shimano is not far behind from what I hear. Live it it up while you can and don't ask too many questions
Where are you getting your information from ? Some UK retailers ships SRAM to the US, FYI.

There is this thing called global economics...
Old 06-19-2017, 06:32 AM
Riding Along

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW View Post
Is Parcel Force faster?
In general yes. However any delay at customs can quickly change that. Go for the Royal Mail.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:44 AM
Administrator

i've ordered a bunch of stuff from the UK over the years, with various shipping methods.

in my experience it's a general crap shoot with regard to delivery times. I've never had any problem at all actually getting the stuff i ordered, but delivery times have ranged to me in the NYC area from a couple days to multiple weeks. i think all the shops actually get the stuff out their door quickly, but it comes down to how fast they get out of the UK and how quickly they clear customs here, and whatever happens in between.

the way i look at it, is considering how cheap parts can be sourced from the UK, you place an order and wait. maybe i'll get lucky and the stuff comes super quick, maybe a wait a few weeks. i'm hardly ever in a hurry for parts these days.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
In general yes. However any delay at customs can quickly change that. Go for the Royal Mail.
Hmmm, I thought Parcel Force was the package division of Royal Mail. Whatever, just confirm that the seller isn't using FedEx or UPS, or you are likely to get hit with extra 'brokerage' fees. I don't really care about tracking and just go with the cheapest Royal Mail. A friend just bought Zondas from Wiggle and they arrived on the east coast (US) in less than a week, no fees.