Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-07-2017, 09:08 AM

Wow, onekgguy, you managed to keep yourself from strangling that woman. Unfortunately, her attitude is common.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onekgguy View Post
Yes, I received a check for the amount of the judgement less than a week after taping the show. The show actually pays the award. It costs the defendants nothing other than some public humiliation.

Kevin g

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Haha! Hey cool! You got your 15 minutes of fame and all ya had to do was state your case and sit back and watch the judge rip apart the defendants!

The verdict of course was exactly right, it's the dog owners fault. Period.

To the OP, report the incident if for any reason to get those people on some sort of radar. FWIW a couple friends of mine got seriously injured by a dog, broken bones and so on. They thought they would do the right thing and talk to the owners who turned out to be a real D-bag so they sued him for as much as they could get. Good!!!
Old 06-07-2017, 11:02 AM
Retired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
Wow, onekgguy, you managed to keep yourself from strangling that woman. Unfortunately, her attitude is common.
Thanks! There was one clip that didn't make the final cut where I politely wanted to dispute what she'd said about me riding my bike x amount miles from my home. I raised my index finger and the judge looked over at me and said "Put your hand down -- you're winning!" She then went off on the couple as you see in the video. It wasn't until that moment that it all became quite surreal for me and I just thought, 'wow -- so this is how it works'.

And for the record -- never in my life did I ever imagine being on the show. I filed the case with our local county court. Shortly before the case was to be heard we received a request from Big Ticket Productions to appear on their show. The defendants reached out to us to ask us to please consider doing it. This way we could get paid and they could get a free trip to Hollywood (They apparently didn't have any spare funds.). Plus, my daughter was excited for me to do it and I couldn't disappoint her. Honestly though, had the defendants offered even half of my out of pocket expenses I'd have gladly accepted that and quietly walked away. The judge was absolutely correct in her summary of the defendants' attempts to dismiss me and my response to them.

Kevin g
Old 06-07-2017, 12:27 PM

The entitlement with 'some' dog owners has gotten out of control lately. The fact the OP was ostracized by some is mind boggling. My favorite is seeing people who can't even go to the grocery store without their "mr cuddles" riding shotgun.....(and the dog putting his a$$ in the same place I put my bananas and deli meat...................awesome)

Dog's should be leashed and if they're not the owner is absolutely responsible. If a report is not filed then it'll continue to happen.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:56 PM

That's a great story onek especially since in the end it worked out well for every one.