Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Production Bikes

Old 12-13-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeatnik View Post
Bianchi, you gotta slam dat stem. You'll save 3 gramz!
Lol I wish I could but don't want to mess up my position right now as everything is working perfectly together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaroon View Post
seatpost looks great; good work.

Have you considered a Pro PLT stem? -10 degree; the angle should almost perfectly match the angle of the top tube.
Nah. Everything works perfectly for me right now with my body position. I don't want to risk messing with it.

Last edited by bianchi10; 12-13-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:30 PM
needs adult supervision

Everything looks great. How does the seatpost clamp hold? Any slippage? I want to try a Deda seatpost, would just like confirmation that the clamp grips well. Thanks!
Old 12-13-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climb01742 View Post
Everything looks great. How does the seatpost clamp hold? Any slippage? I want to try a Deda seatpost, would just like confirmation that the clamp grips well. Thanks!
The clamping is very secure. I was pleased to see the mechanism was top to bottom and not side to side like the Ritchey 1 bolt system I had on my last bike. Though Ritchey is great, light and extremely easy to adjust, I found mine slipping after a year or so. This Deda seatpost is very nice. I saw a couple on ebay when I happened to purchase this one from a member here on the site. I think they were around $150 free shipping which is a great price when comparing to other high end carbon posts. Considering this Deda post is lighter than the Superlogic, better setback and looks better for me, Its a better deal all around.
Old 12-25-2015, 09:27 PM

Nice!

Do you have a spreadsheet/list with the individual weights of each part?
Old 12-25-2015, 11:51 PM

Black Lightning

Reminds me of the old 1988 Cannondale Black Lightning but that was more show than go.

Old 12-28-2015, 02:56 PM

They actually have one of these tires in the for sale section at one of my local shops. Not a pair, though, bummer. Thought of this bike when I saw it. Any interest in me snagging the single tire for you, though? I believe it's a 23c PM me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
Yeah this is their yellow sidewall. They discontinued the colored sidewall for the GP4000s ii tire though because of color fading issues. SUCKS because this is the perfect tire for me. The looks, the durability, the stick...etc. Gonna be trying veloflex next, but I'm a little concerned about its puncture resistance. I wish I could find another set of these, I would buy them in a heart beat. I have been looking for a pair to come up but have yet to see anything.

Thanks again for the seatpost, Loving it!
Old 12-28-2015, 07:04 PM
aka RAEKWON

I bought those carbon cages and man, what garbage. Maybe I got unlucky. One of them did not even hold a bottle. Put bottle on cage then hold bottle and cage just fell through. The other one held the bottle ok but not even close to what I expect a cage to hold. Messaged seller and they were they said they would send me a new one or half a refund and I took the refund. Are your really fine or do I expect too much from a bottle cage?
Old 12-28-2015, 07:24 PM

That sucks, I'm very sorry to hear that! mine are fine, haven't had an issue with them. This is my second set. Only difference is this set is matte finish UD and my last set was 3k weave glossy. Both have been great
Old 12-28-2015, 08:33 PM

I've bought 4 sets of those carbon water bottle cages from China at about $22 a set. I've been super pleased when using them with my Camelback Podium Chill bottles. Light, strong and just the right amount of tension. No complaints whatsoever.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:36 PM
aka RAEKWON

I must have got unlucky then. Always happens to me
Old 01-07-2016, 04:34 PM

Off that's nice

Last edited by kobetsang; 01-07-2016 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
I must have got unlucky then. Always happens to me
Thats unfortunate. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobetsang View Post
Off that's nice
Thank you
Old 01-29-2016, 11:13 PM

Looks great. Love the Evos.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:28 PM

Was tired of the plastidip on my stem. I have been looking into other stems, but most of them, I would be either loosing stiffness or gaining weight. Really want the Deda superleggero, but the reviews seem to be so mixed that I dont trust it. If anyone has a view, I'd love to hear your feedback.

I have the Ritchey C260 90mm wet black stem. Acetone obviously wouldn't work through the clear coat to take off the logos, so at first, plastidip was the perfect solution. My buddy and I started researching ways to accomplish and we found a product called "Jasco paint and epoxy remover". This essentially eats through a clear coat and takes off logos without effecting the black anodizing! Brushed it on my stem and let it sit for 10 minutes. The chemicals started bubbling the clear within minutes. Wiped it off with a paper towel and half of the logos and clear came off with ease. Applied another layer and waited 10 minutes. wiped off and it was perfect! Wiped it down with alcohol and it was done!

We did it to his stem as well and the results were equal.

I'll be slamming my stem here within the next week, so I'll be excited to see how that looks. I was in a big hurry to leave his house to get home for a family event, so I didn't get a photo of the weight, but completely assembled with bolts it came in at 88g.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:56 PM

thanks for sharing removal pics--good to know.