Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Production Bikes

Old 08-16-2015, 07:24 AM
ZhugeLiang

bianchi10-pal, your pose is perfect...

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg GOPR1503-01.jpeg (6.1 KB, 540 views)
Old 08-16-2015, 07:43 AM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColnagoFan View Post
Wow. Just wow. Amazing. Best Evo ever.

How do you find the shifting on those Praxis rings? Considering a set, but kind of nervous about leaving the Shimano shifting ecosystem.
The praxis rings are excellent. I have had a set of standard rings and now on mid compact and they shift perfectly every time. Really impressed.
Old 08-16-2015, 03:29 PM

Wow, and I thought your previous bike was nice. How much does the bare frame weigh?

Oh...any issues with the 104mm Hollowgram spindle and the PF30 BB? (Heard of people having trouble with clearance on other PF30 frames, they had to use the wider SiSL2 spindles)

I have some ee cycleworks calipers that would look nice on there...
Old 08-16-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
The praxis rings are excellent. I have had a set of standard rings and now on mid compact and they shift perfectly every time. Really impressed.
I hear that from many folks, but it's hard to beat the quality of the Shimano crankset. I'll probably order some up shortly...
Old 08-16-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColnagoFan View Post
I hear that from many folks, but it's hard to beat the quality of the Shimano crankset. I'll probably order some up shortly...
Shimano shifts really nice, I'll give you that. BUT they aren't as good to look at Nor as light
Old 08-16-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramnnim View Post
Wow, and I thought your previous bike was nice. How much does the bare frame weigh?

Oh...any issues with the 104mm Hollowgram spindle and the PF30 BB? (Heard of people having trouble with clearance on other PF30 frames, they had to use the wider SiSL2 spindles)

I have some ee cycleworks calipers that would look nice on there...
Weren't any issues with the spindle in the BB. Bare frame weighed in at 751g
those EE cycle calipers would indeed look amazing, but I'm flat broke now. In fact, I'm about $300 in the hole with my daughter college fund at the moment which I'll be paying back shortly. Might have to look into those calipers down the road, but it wont be in my near future.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
Shimano shifts really nice, I'll give you that. BUT they aren't as good to look at Nor as light
Yeah hard to beat, I'm replacing the Pioneer PM on the bike with something else. I love the Dura Ace crank look for sure, but I'm stepping down to a different PM for a bit, more affordable, and it's a 5 bolt. I didn't really like the FSA rings I had in the past.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:46 PM

Beautiful bike--thanks for sharing.

I have a non-Evo SuperSix from 2012 and have been lusting over the Evo Hi-Mod ever since (in addition to multiple others of course).

I'd be interested to hear some long terms thoughts on sprinting and climbing stiffness. I've always heard the BB/chainstay area was softer on the Evo than the original non-Evo, and that's why the new Evo moved to the BB30A.

Enjoy it!
Old 08-16-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwess1234 View Post
Beautiful bike--thanks for sharing.

I have a non-Evo SuperSix from 2012 and have been lusting over the Evo Hi-Mod ever since (in addition to multiple others of course).

I'd be interested to hear some long terms thoughts on sprinting and climbing stiffness. I've always heard the BB/chainstay area was softer on the Evo than the original non-Evo, and that's why the new Evo moved to the BB30A.

Enjoy it!
Thank you very much. I also had a non Evo prior to this. It is certainly a different ride. The Evo is much stiffer. I'd like to think it isn't all just in my head. 2 rides down with it and the sprinting and out of saddle climbing is noticeable. I'm sure the notice is better, but I only said noticeable because I'm still trying to hone in on frame. my 2012 supersix had much more flex all around. It FEELS like there is ZERO flex on this bike while sprinting or climbing, which I know is what you want to give the maximum amount of power transfered, but since I'm not used to it, it throws me off. I can say that I have already obtained 3 KOM segments with this bike. I have been chasing after these 3 segments for a couple months now but missing KOM by a second or two each time. This weekend, I got each segment KOM by a second OR MORE. One of which I won it by 4 seconds. Whether it was the bike or my body just felt stronger, better hydrated, had more sleep....etc I will never know, but I'd like to think the frame had something to do with it. I liked my last bike, but absolutely LOVE this bike. My last bike was very nice. IMO, nicer than what most average cyclists end up with, but I always looked at other bikes and thought they were nicer looking than mine. I look at this bike and I feel I have one of the nicest bikes I have ever seen. I know thats a personal thought, but its nice to be in that position instead of always wanting something different. I just hope that feeling lasts!

My last bike:

Last edited by bianchi10; 08-16-2015 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:52 PM

Is the new frame harsh/uncomfortable on bumpy roads? (if you have them where you live)

How much heavier was the old frame? Was it a non HiMod? (I have not yet learned how to visually tell the difference between them)
Old 08-16-2015, 07:53 PM

Oh, and I think I recall you selling a Spidering or two- did you not like them for some reason, or...?
Old 08-16-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Is the new frame harsh/uncomfortable on bumpy roads? (if you have them where you live)

How much heavier was the old frame? Was it a non HiMod? (I have not yet learned how to visually tell the difference between them)
Quote:
Oh, and I think I recall you selling a Spidering or two- did you not like them for some reason, or...?
The new frame is much stiffer, yet at the same time absorbs more of the vibration. Its more of a "Muted" and quieter ride. The roads on my ride today were fairly bad in several areas, but the frame did great. The old frame weighed in at 1093g and this frame 751g which is 3/4 of a pound just in the frame, along with 75g difference in the fork. Pretty big Difference! Keep in mind that my new frame is a "Hi-Mod" which uses a Ballistic carbon, while the standard uses an "Intermediate-modulus fiber".

I wish I was using a spidering, but they dont currently make a mid compact. I hear it is in the works to be made and released next year.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:47 AM

Got some new cages. Cheap chinese matte finish carbon. $20 for 2 with free shipping. Got them in a week. My last set of cages were the same ones, but glossy 3k weave. Never once lost a bottle on my last set.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:21 PM

Love it. Super stealth
Old 11-06-2015, 08:51 AM

Stealth Evo Hi-Mod...with a splash

Love the stealth, have a build just like it (with Campy SR and will be getting Enve's soon). After seeing the gum walls will have to go that way. It breaks up the black on black on black in just the right way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk